12

Unedited. I'm not even going to bother with the smut warnings anymore lol.

***

YOU know, this whole situation can be avoided if you would just partner up with him," Luiza told Blisse.

They were in a popular cafe but in the early morning it wasn't as crowded. After cleaning up her wound, Konstantin left to deal with a break in at his building last night. Ciro tried to steal the documents again with some of his men, but three of them were caught and were in the cells. Blisse had Luiza meet her first thing in the morning in hopes she might have information or know any loopholes in Ruvim's mafia.

However, he didn't. He was like her, thinking of every possible problem and fixing it before taking action. But his big mouth would land him in trouble one day.

"I didn't ask for Russian mafia boss to come and threaten to take down my mafia," Blisse said. "You wanted to talk to me and I'm giving you a chance but it has to be on what I want to discuss, otherwise you can pack it up and head back to the States."

Luiza set her drink down and looked longingly at the window. "He knew you would say this. Why can't you be a good big sister and talk with me about the normal stuff siblings talk about."

"Does it look like I grew up normal? Living in the States has made you soft."

She slapped her hands down on the table, anger in her eyes. "It's not my fault that I didn't want to be in the mafia."

"I didn't say it was. You shouldn't put words in my mouth."

Blisse lit a cigarette and placed it to her lips. This conversation wasn't turning out as it should be seeing as all Luiza wanted to do was argue. She probably should've sent an undercover agent but she knew they wouldn't make it out of there alive and she didn't want to risk losing a good soldier. So all in all, Luiza was their safest option, but she wouldn't crack and she was usually a blabber mouth. It's as if Ruvim made her this new version of herself.

She calmed down from her anger, but her body was still stiff as a board. "At least I didn't steal my sister's boyfriend."

There it was. The dreaded words Blisse was hoping she wouldn't have to hear.

Faron and Luiza never dated. Sure, they were much closer but they didn't have a thing. It was all just one fairytale made up in Luiza's head. It was at the time she desperately wanted to leave the mafia and she begged Faron to come with her because of their close attachment, but he didn't want to leave Blisse.

One night, she accompanied Faron to a party nearby. Blisse had been out on an assignment but she had to deal with a billionaire's son in Brazil so she accompanied him. One thing led to another, Faron got jealous. But that jealousy turned into hot wild sex, and Luiza had seen it all.

Faron never loved her. Luiza was too delusional.

"I'm not going to have this conversation again. It's not my fault that Faron never loved you."

"Whatever. At least I would have been devoted to him. You're just using him for sex. Same with that Russian billionaire. You don't know what real love is and I hope you end up dead and alone in Brazil."

With that, Luiza stood up and left, Raphael stood outside waiting for her beside a limo. He smirked when he caught Blisse's gaze in the window.

You have no idea who you're messing with, he mouthed. Then he got in the limo and left.

Her heart may be as cold as ice, but she had a feeling someone would be warming it up soon. And for once she didn't mind. The question was who was willing to do it.