16

WAKE up, Blisse."

Blisse felt a cool compress on her forehead, soothing her pain and decreasing the hot state her body was in. She squinted at the bright lights and widened her eyes once she saw where she was. Her room. It was still in the same state she left it in, clean and organized. Her hand was grabbed by another and she glanced up to see who had grabbed it.

Faron stood above her, slightly crouched to gaze upon the beauty of her face. He was relieved, however, he looked tired and the dark bags under his eyes indicated that he hadn't slept in a while. How long had it been?

"Thank goodness you're finally awake," he whispered gently. His hands drew back the strand of hair from her face and helped her sit up.

She was in her bed with a thin sheet covering her body. She was dressed in a thin tank top and sweat shorts. Now that she was up she noticed how much sweat she was drenched in.

"How long have I been sleeping?" she asked Faron, who was now collecting new clothes for her to wear.

"17 hours," he answered, then paused. "But you've been missing for almost a week. It could've been longer if it weren't for Anastasia."

Konstantin's sister, Blisse wondered.

"She'd been helping us track you down. She's very good with it seeing as she was able to find you in days. I suggested for her to look for your parents' killer but Konstantin turned that down fast."

Blisse stood up alert, slightly swaying on her feet as the fog in her mind began to clear. "Konstantin? Where is he?"

Faron scoffed, shaking his head. "Don't know but he should be here. The whole time you were lost, he was busy working on a project. He didn't even notice you were missing until after two days had passed."

Blisse felt saddened by this, but she quickly cleared that emotion away. He was probably working on finding the killer.

"Luiza is dead," Faron announced.

What?  "What happened? How? Wasn't she here?"

How could her sister be dead?

He sat down in the chair next to her bed and ran his fingers through her hair. "That day she came here all bruised up and swollen was a set up."

Of course it was.

"She was just buying time for Raphael to come in and kidnap you. So while everyone was busy taking care of her, Raphael snuck in." He deeply sighed. "After I found out what she did, I couldn't hold it in and I..."

Blisse braced for the worse as he waited to finish the story. "Faron, what did you do?"

"I hit her. Hit her until she was bruised black and blue. And I know that was wrong of me to do, but I couldn't stand the fact that she aided in kidnapping you. You know I care about you, Blisse. I'd do anything to help keep you safe and if anyone hurts you I'll hurt them twice as more. I'm not sorry for what I did."

She was almost afraid to ask, but she had to know. "What about Raphael?"

"Dead. Jacinto had a turn with him and threw him off a cliff once he was done torturing him."

Blisse wasn't surprised to hear that. Jacinto did like getting rid of bodies in the most savage ways.

Jacinto and Anastasi walked in, ceasing her wandering thoughts. They were dressed in casual wear, but looked as roughed up as Faron. All this effort to find her. How was she going to thank them?

"Good to see you up, Blisse," Anastasi exclaimed. "It took awhile but with my type of skills it was easy to complete."

"Thanks for the help," Blisse said. "I was actually wondering if you could help me with two things."

Anastasia quickly jumped in, cutting off her words. "I'm assuming you need help with your parents' killer. And despite my brother's consistent begging not to help, I already have a lead on the case. I just need two days to find an exact person."

Jacinto gazed at her in admiration. "Isn't she such a beauty?"

Anastasia rolled her eyes, but a small grin sprung up on her face. "I have a boyfriend. How many times do I have to remind you of that?"

Jacinto searched around the room. "I still don't see said boyfriend."

"Anyway," Faron interrupted. "Once she finds the killer and Ruvim, we'll be able to go home and -"

"Cherry!" A voice interrupted from the doorway. Konstantin stood there in all his dark glory. His hair was ruffled as was his suit. The bags under his eyes were enormous and deep, and they only got deeper as he strolled over to her, crushing her in his arms.

"It's been too long." He kissed the tip of her ear, then her nose, and then her mouth. "How do you feel? Are you alright?"

Blisse smiled as her only focus was on the man in front of her. "I feel fine, Kon. Have you been worrying about me?"

He grinned and cradled her face in his large hands. "Of course I have, cherry. It's been a long week of pain and suffering without you."

In the background, Faron, Jacinto and Anastasia scoffed at his words.

"Also, I have some good news. I found out who the killer is. His name is Elijah Miller."

♘♘♘

It's only going downhill from here. also i wrote this while watching Shrek with my friends, so if it seems weird, that's probably why :)