Azriel's reaction to human periods (Part 2 of 2)

The day was half over and the wind was not letting up. They tried to relax as the branch continued to hit the window as if on a loop to bang again and again. They lay on the soft and freshly made bed in each other arms.

Alex was drained even though it was a wasted day and all they did was sit in the tub and wash each other. All she wanted to do was go back to bed and relax. Azriel being the protective and understanding male that he is decided that she need him. In all reality, he was the one who needs her. He needs to be touching her so that his mind would finally catch up to reality and understand that she was okay and nothing was going to happen to her.

Even though she was in pain and everything they were doing was for her, Az couldn't help but feel she was the one comforting him. His head lay below her chest but not fully on her stomach. Both his arms were encased around her middle, his right arm becoming numb with time. Alex was leaning against a couple of pillows and had her one hand scratching Azriel's scalp while the other rested on his back.

Time flew by quickly and both of them remained in the same position. The only thing that changed was that Azriel's leg was now on top of Alex's, entwined between her two. The much-needed rest that Alex needed was granted.

Azriel loved when they just laid with each other not needing to say anything but showing that they were there for each other if need be. When the sun was starting to set, Alex began to talk about miscellaneous things. Az enjoyed this as well, but only gave the occasional grunt and nod when it was needed. Never really speaking but only listening.

He was sucking up everything she said as if it were the last thing she would ever say. This morning had been a scare for him, he didn't want to feel like that ever again.

"You've been quiet? Are you alright?" Alex asked pausing scratching the top of his head when she said the words. She seemed to have lightened her words when asking if he was ok. Even though they just found each other they have been through a lot and one knew when the other was have a tough time.

"Yeah, I'm just reminiscing," Azriel said not even acknowledging Alex as he started to rub his hand from the side of her waist to her belly button.

"I can feel it you know. Talk to me," She leaned over making her head parallel with his forehead, and kissed him. She whispered the words, making her breath touch his skin.

Azriel paused all movement even his own breath as he thought of what to say. He had never been connected to someone like this, besides Rhys but it was never a two-way street. He just came into Azriel's mind whenever he felt like it but Azriel could never do the same unless invited.

"I was just thinking about this morning." He hesitant admitted. He was scared that she would see him differently because he was terrified to lose her, to lose his love, his mate.

"I know. I'm sorry for making such a mess and scaring you." She calmly stated making sure to keep eye contact with him. She wanted to see everything that progressed in his eyes. She wanted to make sure to say the right things.

Az had been through a lot and was fragile at some times. He was always strong around everyone but Alex was the one person that he did not need to be the one with everything on his shoulders. With Alex, he could finally relax and enjoy his life.

He was silent for a long while, he started to rub her midsection again and adjusted his leg between hers. Azriel was a man of few words but when he wanted people to know something he did not shy away. Alex knew, through the bond, what Azriel was feeling but he felt that he needed to say it.