Chapter 5

When they got to the fire station Lori saw a lot of familiar faces. They both got out of their vehicles and started walking to the door.
"So how long has it been since you left?" Silvie asked.
"Around eleven years," Lori answered.
"That's a long time to be gone. Did you ever miss it?"
"Yeah, but I had made a few friends that made it easier. I actually know a couple of people that work here."
"Here? As in 51?"
"Yep. Although I don't know if they are working this shift."
"Who do you kn-" She was cut off by another voice.
"Lori?" The voice asked.
"Kelly Severide, long time no see!" She exclaimed as they engulfed each other in a hug.
"So that's who. Answered my question," Silvie said under her breath. 
"Who's this?" A woman's voice asked.
"Stella, this is Lori. She's an old friend," He introduces.
"You must be the girlfriend. I'm so sorry. Here I am all on your man and you don't know me. I'm Lori," She said as she stuck her hand out.
"I'm Stella, nice to meet you."
"So, I know that face, that's the "What king of old friends" face. Trust me you don't have to worry about that, you are more my type than he is."
"Hey! Don't get any ideas, Lori! You have already stolen enough of my girlfriends!" He said as he blocked Stella from Lori.
"Not my fault they thought I was hotter than you," She said as she dramatically flipped her hair.
"You gonna introduce us to your friend?" Casey asked.
"Oh yeah. Why don't I introduce all of you to Lori?" He said as they walked inside.
"Who's your pretty friend? I'm Emily Foster," Foster asked.
"Technically, today I'm Silvie's friend. She is the one that invited me to see the firehouse," She said.
"You cheated on me with Silvie? How could you?" Severide asked dramatically.
"She saw me first."
"Guess you were to late. Everyone this is Lori Voight," Silvie introduced, "Lori this is Mouch, Christopher Herman, Joe Cruz, Darren Ritter, Captain Mathew Casey, and Chief Boden is in his office. Which reminds me, we probably should have told him that someone was here," Silvie said.
"Wait Voight as in-" Herman was cut off.
"Yes, as in Hank. He is my dad."
"I didn't know he had a daughter," Mouch said.
"Well, I moved eleven years ago," She said.
"Yeah, and you didn't even tell me, your best friend, where you went," Severide said with a petty face.
"I didn't know Severide had friends," Foster said.
"Hey!" Severide yelled.
"He really only had one," She said with a smile.
"First, I had plenty of friends. Second, that's rude. And third, I don't know if I should even count you as a friend now that I think about it."
"Oh come on, you are just mad that I used to steal your girlfriends," She said with a laugh.
"Yeah, half of the time I was still dating them!"
"Oh boohoo. You know they only dated you to get to me anyway. So really you were just a middle man that had a type," She explained.
"Like I said, not my friend," He said as he turned away dramatically.
"I love you!" She yelled with a smile as he walked away.
"I bet you do!" He yelled as he walked to his office.
"Well, that's just rude. Anyway, now that the drama queen has left, you can ask any questions you would like," She said looking at the others.
"How many of his girlfriends did you steal?" Stella asked.
"Ummm... that's not the important part. But, most of them were after they had broken up, and it's not because of the fact that they were exes that we dated. The lgbt+ was very limited and like I said he did have a type. The rest just tried to date me to get back at him when they broke up or he really liked. Also I didn't purposefully date girls that he liked, I just felt like I had to clear that up.  But there is a funny story there but I have to wait for drama queen to get back to tell it."
"Any embarrassing stories about Severide?" Mouch asked.
"Yes, but he has just as many about me so if I start talking so will he. So, unfortunately I can't tell you any."
"Who is this?" A voice asked.
"It's me," Lori said.
"Lori, when did you get into town?" Boden asked.
"Yesterday."
"What did you do this time to bring you back?" He asked.
"Why ever would you think that I did something?" She asked, to which his reply was just a stern look. "Okay fine, I'm here for a case," She said with a smile.
"Oh, okay. Well, I believe that my firefighters have work to do," He said in a form voice.
"Yes sir," They replied.
"I was actually going to show Lori around, Chief. If that was okay with you," Silvie said.
"I was wondering why you came here on a day off. Yes you can show her around," He said as he walked back to his office.
"So where to first?" Lori asked.