Chapter 3

"So, before we leave today, I just want to warn you. Lori has a massive hangover and probably will be overly stressed today, so take it easy on her," Derek said before Lori got to where she could hear him.
"What are you guys talking about?" she asked.
"Derek was just telling us that you would probably have a massive hangover today. Why is that?" Rossi asked.
"Derek and I may have done a shot challenge and I may have done sixteen shots and had two glasses of whiskey. I also may have almost severely hurt someone," she said smiling.
"What did you do?" Emily asked.
"A guy was being very disrespectful and I set him straight," she said laughing.
"Ok, well we have to leave," Hotch said smiling at Lori.
"Let's go," she said as she started walking to the SUV.

- twenty minutes later

Before they were walk going into the district Lori asked to walk in a few minutes Brie m before then, to which Hotch agreed
"Hey Sarge, can you buzz me up to my dad?" Lori asked.
"Sure," She said as she buzzed her up.
When she walked into the intelligence room, she immediately sat her dad.
"Can we talk in your office?" Lori asked quickly.
"Yeah," Voight said as he walked her into his office and shut the door.
"This is going to sound weird, but I'm just going to go ahead and apologize for what is about to happen. I'm sorry for not telling you, but just remember that I'm your daughter and that you love me," right as she said that Voight heard Platt calling his name from the stairs.
"Again, I'm sorry," Lori said before she left his office.
"Voight, you need to come out here," Atwater yelled.
"What is it-" he stopped when he saw a team in suits.
"Sargent Hank Voight?" Agent Hotch asked.
"That's me, how can I help you?" He asked already pissed.
"I think you and I should talk in your office," Hotch said.
"So, who are you guys?" Kevin asked.
"Well my pops introduced me to his team, I will introduce you to mine. This is SSA Derek Morgan, SSA Emily Prentis, SSA Dr. Spencer Reid, SSA Jennifer Jareau, SSA David Rossi, and Unit Chief SSA Aaron Hotchner is in the office with your sergeant now," she said introducing them all.
"Lori, my office. Now!" Voight yelled.
"I messed up," she said under her breathe.
"When were you going to tell me you joined the FBI?" He yelled.
"There is no need to yell. Also, I was planning on telling you, but every time I would think I had enough time to come up here, I would get another case. Another thing, I called Erin, she said that she missed you," Lori said trying to change the subject.
"Don't try to change the subject. How long have you been a with them?"
"Almost a year, and stop being such a dad."
"That's hard to do when your daughter left for nineteen years," he started to say but was cut off by Lori leaving.
"Hey, how did that- never mind," Spencer said.
"I got her," Derek said as he followed her out of the building. "Lori, what happened in there?" he asked as he opened the passenger side door to the SUV.
"My dad was asking a bunch of questions and I had had enough of if," she answered.
"Something else happened, you and I both know it," he said trying to get her to tell the truth.
"I don't know what you're talking about," she said trying to hold tears back.
"Come on, you know all about me, now it's your turn to talk."
"He started talking about when I left nine years ago."
"Ok, I'm going to need a little bit more information than that."
"I left eleven years ago to get out of my fathers shadow. Everyone knew the name Voight and I was tired of it. However, what finally pushed me past my breaking point was when he took in Erin and started to treat her like a daughter. It made me so mad because I was doing just as much stuff as she was, but he noticed a girl off of the streets instead of his own daughter. I was doing drugs, drinking, staying out for days at a time, and sometimes waking up in a stranger's home because they saw somebody's daughter on the streets. It had gotten so bad that he kicked me out of the house, and let Erin stay there instead. Now me and Erin have gone over this and she has apologized. She even talked to hank once and told him, then he called me and talked about it. But he started talking about it like he didn't have anything to do with it," she finished.
"Ok, so look at this from another prospective, if you were working a case and your came across this, how would you look at it?"
"I would see a father who made a big mistake and a daughter who wants to put her past behind her. The father was talking about her past, when she worked for years to put it behind her, so she got mad and walked off."
"Ok, and what would your suggest for them to do?"
"I would tell them to go different ways and cool down. I would then tell the father what he had done wrong and tell the daughter what she had done wrong."
"Then do that, go somewhere, cool down, then talk. You have to know somewhere to go, it is your hometown after all," he said laughing.
"You're right. How do your always do that? You always calm me down."
"Because I know how you think, and I know that you sometimes just need another perspective," he said as he got out of the car. "Now go get a drink, cool down, and I'll tell the team."
"Thanks Derek, I'll be sure to tell Garcia how helpful you were today, when I call her later. Love you," She said hugging him.
"I love you too, Lori," he said hugging her back.