Prologue

Jennie POV

Leaning against the locker, I quickly drink the cold water from my bottle. Sweat dripping down my body as I wipe the beads that are on my face and neck. Trying to regain my normal breathing, I turned my eyes on a certain blonde.

"Rosie," I called her while passing by different gym equipment. I stopped in front of her as I lowered my gaze and pouted. "Come on, I want milk ice cream."

She stopped doing her sit-ups and looked straight into my eyes. 

"What? You've just finished your routine then you want ice cream?" sweat was also sliding down from her temple, down to her jaw, and sliding down her neck as she talked.

I gulped but started to count in my mind. 3..2..1..0

"That's music to my ears," she grinned while holding my offered hand as she stands up.

I raised my eyebrow and smiled.

"Really? More like to your stomach not your ears," I chuckled as she whined and put her arms around my shoulder, dragging me outside the gym.

If you know Rosie, there's this one thing I find weird but actually cute. Whenever she's going to make a joke or just prolonging her reply, she does it after three seconds. Yes, It's always three seconds. Well, it's just like when you play rock, paper and scissors with her, she always uses paper so you know what will be her next move. You'll easily memorize the silly behavior of this chipmunk.

We are now outside the gym and walking across the barracks.

"Hey guys!" we turned to the source of the voice and saw a redhead.

"Hi Jisoo unnie," Rosie waved her hands like a kid seeing a favorite sister.

"Where are you off to? Don't say to me that this cousin of mine dragged you out to buy milk ice cream again?" she chuckled as she passes her gaze from Rosie to me.

Rosie laughed while nodding.

Jisoo gasped jokingly as she slapped my shoulder. "Yah Jendeuk, stop using the ice cream as an excuse to just have Rosie on a 'date-like' hangout," she said with a smug face.

"W-what..but-" are the only words that I can say and I was suddenly cut off by a teasing redhead in front of me.

"Yah! you stuttered," she laughed so hard that she didn't notice I was slowly walking to her while glaring.

"Kim Jisoo! So what if it's a date!" she started to run so I chased after her. "I'll make sure to strangle you when I catch you!"

While I try my best to catch that redhead who looks like a human running torch for olympics, I look behind me and saw Rosie laughing while running after us. We met each others' eyes and we just smiled and laughed again.