Chapter 29

Jennie POV

"Okay, thanks," I said before hanging up the call.

We're back inside our headquarters, preparing everything we need.

The scenes of Rosie from the video earlier, wearing a larger size version of the white pair of clothing she had when she was a child, keep on replaying in my mind.

I sighed loudly as I load our guns.

"Jen, breathe in. Breathe out," Lisa reminded me but her eyes are also full of worry about the situation.

"Yeah," I nodded and decided to help her as she's struggling with inserting a handgun at the back of her weapon belt.

"Lex just called and said that he's going to go there earlier," I informed Lisa as Jisoo entered, holding her portable hacking device and a large black bag possibly containing other gadgets. "Be careful when you heard the word 'Alpha'. He said that it's the security team handling those weapons."

"Here are the vests," Jisoo grunted as she put the things on the table. "These are regular bulletproof vests but let's still wear these. There's still probability that it will lessen the effect of the shards but let's hope we won't have to be put into that situation."

"Are we all ready?" she added, putting the small explosion devices inside one of the pockets of her cargo pants. "We still have an hour left."

"Guess so," I replied, fixing my combat footwear. "Teddy informed me that another two teams, will be on standby around the area, just in case."

"Ohh, okay," Jisoo replied, turning to Lisa. "Where's mom and dad?"

"They're on the way to the VNtech," Lisa replied as she's almost done fitting her tactical gloves. "To already find a good spot in connecting to the cctvs."

"Right," Jisoo nodded, going to the door. "Let's go? Better to be early and wait around the area than late."

..........

Arriving forty minutes earlier than the planned time, we're inside the van currently parked within just a kilometer radius away from the VNtech building.

The streets around the building are all dark and only illuminated by just few yellow dim lights every corner.

And more than half of the portion of the VNtech building itself are well lit.