Chapter 9

Your POV

After the three of us took the time to wash off all the mud, and allowing our clothes to dry, we pushed the door that was buried into the sand into the water and climbed on top. I sat on the other side of the door, opposite to Mono and Six to keep our flotation device balanced. Also, I should mention that I had to take my socks off after I washed them, for some reason socks takes a while to dry so they were chilling in my pocket until they were dry enough to put back on. The three of us sat in silence as we rode on the floating door, the sounds of the water gently hitting the wood and the sounds of gentle waves brought me into a soothed, calm state of mind.

I took this moment to think, since I have no idea when I will get the chance again. I noticed as we were running from the Hunter, that not one of the bullets be shot we're actually aimed at me. In fact, Myself specifically wasn't shot at and it was just Mono and Six that were mainly targeted. Did... did the Hunter genuinely cared about me? I mean, he did feed me... and then there was the head pats. But he kept me locked in a cage 24/7, that's not cool! But then... what if he did that so that I wouldn't leave him, in fear of being alone again. His motives weren't very clear to begin with, and it wasn't as if he would or could communicate them anyways, but he almost seemed like he didn't want to hurt me the longer I stayed in that cage.

And when we shot and ended him, I almost felt bad. Like there was a bit of guilt that hung onto my mind and heart that wouldn't let go. Did I really ended up feeling pity and or sympathy for the very creature that captured me against my will? The very being that tried many times to shoot my friends? Who caused a lot of pain and misery to past victims? I honestly think I lost my sanity, but... maybe just maybe, I some what cared about the Hunter in some weird, sick way. I shook my head a the thought, no, no I didn't and don't care. I'm just tired and delirious, yeah that's it. Just so tired I don't know what I'm thinking.

When I happened to have looked up from when I was originally staring down at my lap, I saw Mono and Six giving me worried and concerned looks. I gave them a soft smile, "don't worry, I'm okay, just thinking about what happened lately" I murmur a response. The two nod gently, deciding not to ask about what I was thinking in case it would make me uncomfortable, which I was grateful for. I wouldn't know how I could explain to them that I was worried that I was feeling guilty about participating in shooting the Hunter.

It was best that they didn't know, I don't know how they'd react. I mean- they didn't even seem phased that they shot someone, again granted that someone was trying to kill us first, but still. A soft sigh left my lips as the weight of everything that happened in the past couple of hours settled in the longer we sat on the door in silence, being able to relax somewhat. It didn't take much longer for us to reach the other side of the body of water, the wooden door softly hitting the sandy shore. Looking up, I only now noticed that we've reached a city, a large city at that. 'What was it called again? The.... Pale? City? Yeah I think it's called the Pale City' I thought to myself as the three of us got off the door and onto the sand.

A shudder ran up and down my spine at the coldness of the sand touching my bare feet, which made me miss the warmth of my socks but they're still too wet to wear so bear with t the cold I must. The closer we got to the wall that surrounded the city and to the only door that allowed us in, the tall buildings looming above us only made me feel uneasy. "Wait. Are those buildings moving? Or am I seeing things?" I muttered out before the three of us entered the door. Mono and Six both looked up in the direction I was looking in. "Hmm I think they're moving" Six hums out a response. Mono nodding along in agreement. "Definitely moving" he replies.

I hummed to myself. I believe that's more or less normal for really tall buildings like that, but this city feels way to strange for it to be normal. I ignored the feeling as we made our way inside the city using the single door. Though we only ended up in some empty building with a large hole in the wall as the only exit. Above us was a large hole in the ceiling, revealing empty clothes hanging from the broken screen part of an old TV. It almost looked like a person shoved their head through the TV and then the TV was pushed over the edge to dangle like that. And then the person themselves disappeared only leaving their clothes behind. The sight not only saddened me, but also unnerved me. Like what actually happened here?