Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Two days have passed and I have neither left the room nor said a word to anyone. Damon's wolf, Xavier, is still in control and every day he would come into the room, trying to get me to talk but each time resulted in the same thing, silence and him growling and storming out . He hasn't commanded me to talk which I am grateful for, as the power of the territorial mark would come into play and I would be forced to speak. I know if he had done that my heart would've broken even more.

I was currently lying on our bed, silent tears streaming down my face, my neck still throbbing in pain, ensuring that I remember the mark that now resided there. That with a single word, I could be completely controlled by my mate. My mate. Not too long ago that word brought me so much joy and made my heart flutter,now it brought tears to my eyes and made my heart clench in pain.

The door, all of a sudden, slammed open making me jump but I didn't move from my position on the bed, my back to the door.

"That's it. I've had enough. It's been two days, i've given you enough space. You can't continue blocking me out." Xavier, Damon wolf said, growling.

"Answer me when I speak to you." he growled out once more.

I immediately sat up and looked at him. He did a once over of my body and I cringed knowing I must look like a mess.

"Yes, a-alpha." I replied, refusing to meet his eyes, as I felt him tense.

"Look at me Belle." He whispered, now standing right next to me.

I slowly glanced up at him, staring into his dark eyes, missing the beautiful blue I had become accustomed to.

He continued, "I-." , but stopped all of a sudden as his nose flared and his eyes darkened, if that was even possible, a growl escaping his mouth.

My moment of confusion ended when heat erupted from my core and spread across my body, leaving me a quivering mess. I shrieked as I broke out into a sweat, clawing at my clothes as they felt suffocating, while struggling to breathe.

I screamed as the heat intensified, still fighting against the clothes that stuck to me like a second skin. I heard a rip and I was free from the constricting cloths. I squinted my eyes and saw Xavier retracing his claws that I assumed he used to relieve me of my struggle.

The cool air hit me but it barely helped as my body temperature continued to rise.

"D-Damon!" I gasped as the familiar blue eyes appeared above me.

I was temporarily relieved as he caressed my face, pushing back my hair but whimpered when he moved and the burning resumed. Before I could protest I heard his voice.

"One second Baby. I'm gonna make it all better." He said, momentarily disappearing.

At this point it didn't matter that I wasn't exactly pleased with him at the moment. All that mattered was that I was in pain and my mate was the only one who could make it better. Pride be damned. I wasn't stubborn enough to refuse my mates help in this time of need.

Damon's POV

My mate went into heat and after seeing her calling out desperately for me, Xavier finally gave me back control, as he, as well as I, hated seeing our mate in pain. Seeing her struggling with her clothes, I immediately extended my claws and relieved her of them. I wanted to admire her flawless body but I know now was not the time. Their was plenty of time for that later on.

I caressed her flushed face, seeing her feel momentary relief and I knew that I needed to do something, whether she had forgiven me or not. I immediately rushed into the bathroom, filling the tub with ice cold water. I rushed back out side with a damp cloth and lay it on her forehead. It hurt me seeing her like this. Her body quivering in pain as her tiny fists gripped the bed sheets, almost ripping it with the pain she felt.

I made my way into the bed and gathered her into my arms, hoping to ease some of her pain, while the tub was filling.

"Damon." She whimpered, her hands gripping my shirt, as she buried her face in my neck.

"I'm here baby." I said, kissing her hair and resting my head on top of hers.

The sweet scent of her arousal kept filling the room and I continuously had to calm my wolf, the only thing stopping me from taking her, was knowing that she was in pain and I knew she wouldn't appreciate our first time happening while she was in this state.

Her eyes where closed tightly but I knew that she was still awake by her little movements ever so often. I picked her up, removing the torn clothing from her body and took her into the en suite. I took off the tap as the tub was filled enough and gently lowered her in. I was about to retract my arms when she gripped onto me.

"Don't leave me. Please." She whimpered, her eyes opening.

"Never." I replied, my voice husky.

I slowly removed her hands from me and stood, proceeding to take off my clothes and get into the tub behind her. I gathered her in my arms once more as she rest her head on my chest. I kissed her hair and her forehead and held her even tighter to me. I looked down at her innocent, beautiful face and I knew that if I ever lost her, it would be the end of me. She was my life now. Without her I would be nothing and I wasn't afraid to admit it. I would make it my duty from now on to ensure that another tear of sadness would never escape her eyes.

Because she was mine.

She was my everything.

------------------------------------------------

Yay!! I finally updated!! LOL

Hope you enjoy this chapter guys!!

tell me what you think !!

Mel<3