3.5

Michael and Melissa never got around to going out on their little date, but that was just because they'd spent their whole weekend at the hospital with Ashton and Emily, hanging out with them and their new baby girl.

Little Riley Irwin was born mid Friday morning, and luckily everyone was there at the hospital when it happened. Michael didn't know what he would have done if Ashton and Emily's daughter was born and Melissa wasn't there, he knew how excited she was about it.

Aside from Melissa (and Ashton and Emily of course), Parker was probably the most excited about Riley being born. Michael had no idea where he'd gotten it from, but Parker was just in love with the idea of babies. He thought Riley was adorable and wanted to hold her every second, but Ashton was still a bit nervous about Parker handling his new baby.

Now Michael and Melissa were currently out shopping with Calum and Lacey, feeling the need to give Ashton and Emily some time alone with their new daughter. Besides, Calum was trying to buy some new furniture for Lacey's room at his apartment and he claimed that he needed a lot of help.

"Do you like this bed, Lace?" Calum asked, even though they'd looked at about 10 little toddler beds already and Lacey hadn't shown a preference. "Or do you like the one we just saw?"

"I don't think she really cares." Michael spoke up from behind them. He was beginning to get a bit bored now and Melissa was hungry.

They hadn't had a problem with going out with Calum earlier, they had a few hours to kill before it was time to pick the kids up from school, but now things were getting a little old. Calum was being very picky about everything that he bought, because he insisted that his little princess's room needed to be absolutely perfect for her.

Calum turned around and glared at Michael. "Trust me, she cares."

"I honestly don't think she does." Melissa mumbled, watching as Lacey looked over Calum's shoulder and at something on the other side of the store instead.

"Baby, listen to me." Calum groaned, changing Lacey's position in his arms so she was forced to pay attention to him. "Do you want the pink bed or the blue bed?"

"What time is it?" Melissa asked, quickly turning to face Michael. He sighed and took out his phone from his pocket, checking the time.

"It's only noon, we still have a few more hours." Michael groaned. It's not that he didn't like shopping with Calum, it was actually enjoyable most of the time, but this was just boring.

"My Princess wants the pink bed, as usual." Calum jokingly rolled his eyes and turned around, ready to go look at something else.

"So why are you deciding to decorate Lacey's room now? Hasn't she been staying with you for a while?" Melissa asked as they followed Calum. They didn't know what he was looking for now, and both Michael and Melissa were just mindlessly following him.

"She's been going back at forth between me and Hanna for the last few months, but we've finally worked out a schedule." Calum said, glancing over his shoulder at Melissa. Michael walked over and wrapped an arm around her waist, still feeling just a little uncomfortable at the thought of Calum and Melissa's past. "Lace will stay with me during the week and then Hanna will take her for the weekends."

"I see." Melissa said, nodding to herself.

"What exactly is your relationship with Hanna?" Michael questioned. Last he'd heard, Calum still had some feelings for Hanna and they were trying to work things out again.

"Oh, it's not as complicated as it seems." Calum shrugged. "We're just taking care of Lacey as best as we can. She's what's really important right now, we're just both trying to be there for her without worrying about each other romantically."