2.2

Thankfully within the next couple days Parker was feeling better, and Michael was able to send him off to school again without having to worry about Parker puking all over the place.

That meant Michael had to go back to work, though, and he was not very thankful for that. Matt just really creeped him out, he was always either hanging around obnoxiously close to Michael or hiding in the back room, doing whatever it was that he did back there.

Michael wanted to quit, so badly, but he knew that he couldn't. He really needed a job of some form to just bring in some money for Parker. He had money from his parents (who were very nice about Michael's situation and did their best to help in whatever way they could) and he also got money from Beth every month, kind of like child support, but it still didn't seem like that was enough.

He needed to keep the job, no matter how much he hated it.

"Michael." Matt called as he walked towards the front of the store, his hands shoved down in his pockets.

"Yes?" Michael asked, annoyed. He was not in a good mood today, and he wasn't ready for Matt to come over and say something ridiculously irrelevant about Melissa again.

"Can you unpack that box and put all of those CDs on the right shelves?" Matt asked, gesturing over to a box that was sitting in the corner of the store. It came in earlier that day, Michael had to sign for it when it was delivered.

"Yeah." Michael nodded, hoping that since Matt was done giving him instructs now he'd slither back to that room he always hung out in.

"And if Mel stops by can you tell her to come back and see me?" He asked, and Michael couldn't help but letting out a big groan. He was sick and tired of Melissa and Matt having these secret conversations all the time.

It wasn't even because Michael was insecure anymore, and it wasn't necessarily because he was jealous either. He was just really fucking annoyed with the way that Melissa never told him the truth about anything, and Michael was uncomfortable with the fact that his girlfriend was constantly going into small rooms in the back of music stores with her ex-boyfriend.

"Why do you always need to talk to my girlfriend?" Michael questioned, raising his voice at little.

"What?"

"Why do you always need to talk to Melissa?" Michael repeated himself, speaking slower. Maybe Matt just didn't understand him. It would make sense, he was pretty stupid.

"We just...have things to discuss." Matt said hesitantly, nervously looking around the store. No one else was in there at the moment, and that was really the only reason why Michael was actually talking. Usually he tried to be as silent as possible.

"Like what?" Michael asked, folding his arms over his chest. He was pretty surprised with the way he was acting, he usually didn't stand up for himself like this.

"It's not even a big deal, Michael, we just talk." Matt shrugged. "We're friends; we dated for a long time and we're still close to each other. You're still friends with your ex, aren't you?"

"That's a completely different situation." Michael said, shaking his head. "My ex-girlfriend and I have a son together, we have to talk with each other so we can discuss things that involve him and we're still friends for his sake."

"Then don't you think Mel feels the same way that you do? Don't you think she's a little, dare I say it, jealous, that you're so close with your ex-girlfriend?" Matt interrogated, taking a step closer to Michael. He had seemed nervous at first, but now Matt was acting much more confident, and Michael was the only who was feeling uneasy about this.