1.9

Michael's weekend was pretty boring, like all weekends without Parker are. He hung out with Melissa a lot, because Katie was also spending some time with her parents and she didn't need to watch her all weekend. It was just awkward for Michael when he was alone, he liked constantly being with Parker.

But now Michael was pretty worried, because it was Sunday afternoon, around the time that Beth usually dropped Parker off, and she hadn't called or texted Michael yet to tell him that she was on her way. Beth had work the next day, didn't she? Michael assumed that she'd want to drop Parker off as soon as possible so she could get home early enough.

"Are you alright?" Melissa asked, rolling over next to Michael. They'd been at Michael's apartment all day (and all last night) and hadn't gotten out of bed for at least a few hours.

"Oh, yeah." Michael nodded. He must have spaced out or something, he'd been doing that a lot lately. "I was just wondering when Parker was going to get back.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon." Melissa shrugged, sitting up and shaking out her tangled hair. "Maybe there's traffic or something."

"Maybe." Michael shrugged as well. "I know Beth, though. She always calls."

Melissa shrugged again and turned away from Michael, quickly hopping out of bed and walking out of the room, which honestly distracted Michael because she was wearing nothing but her underwear and one of Michael's old t-shirts.

"Oh, come on! What did I say?" Michael finally snapped out of his little daze and realized why Melissa had left. She was still so moody.

"Nothing!" Melissa yelled back, the bathroom door slamming shut behind her.

Michael sighed and got out of bed as well, searching around on the ground for some clothes to wear. He found the sweatpants and sweatshirt that he had been wearing last night and quickly put them on, grabbing his phone off the bedside table before walking out of his room and into the kitchen.

Michael had just started to make some coffee when Melissa entered the kitchen again, her hair now up in a bun and her face looking as if she'd just washed it. She walked straight over to the fridge, opening it up and grabbing a piece of leftover pizza.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked, barely glancing over his shoulder. Melissa leaned up against the counter next to Michael, watching as he fumbled around with the dirty dishes and tried to quickly wash some coffee mugs.

"I'm fine." Melissa shrugged, her mouth half full. "I just wanted pizza."

"For breakfast?" Michael questioned, raising an eyebrow at her.

"It's, like, noon." Melissa scoffed.

Michael let out a little whimper at the mention of it being noon already and he pulled his phone out of his pocket, checking once again for any calls or texts from Beth.

"He'll be back soon." Melissa said softly, already seeming to know what Michael was so upset about.

"I know, I know." Michael sighed. "I'm worrying for no reason."

"You could always call Beth and see what's going on." Melissa stifled a laugh, reaching over and grabbing the sleeve of Michael's sweatshirt, pulling him towards her.

"It doesn't work that way." Michael mumbled, once again distracted by just Melissa in general. He brought his hands back to her waist and closed the gap between them, leaning in and leaving a few short kisses on Melissa's lips.

"Last night was fun." Melissa whispered, sending a shiver down Michael's spine.

"Yeah, it was." Michael agreed, biting down on his bottom lip and remembering the events of the night before.