Ino 9

Ino shifted slightly. Her mother was off to the side while her father was holding onto her shoulders, but if she was being honest she didn't find herself caring as much as she thought she would. 

Her eyes were trained on Naruto and Shikamaru, those were the people she wanted to see react to her. 

Today the results of the exam came, and Ino knows that they don't show her, after all, she held back in most of the texts but it still sent a slight amount of nervousness through her thinking about the results. 

The results will be given in two sections first will be her overall score, with would be given in the classroom comparing her to her classmates, then will be a family meeting with her teacher, who goes more in-depth about what she did right and wrong.

"Good Morning students and families! the results will be given shortly" Iruka called out and Ino felt her father squeeze her shoulders. 

" I know you did great!" he whispered and Ino smiled. 

" Thanks... dad" she whispered back and her dad stilled. She could see why. 

" Most interactions with her dad consisted of her squealing about hair products with her mom while asking 'daddy could you try this.

She lifted her chin slightly to look up at him to find him brushing off a tear. 

She smiled and leaned into him slightly as Iruka started at the bottom and went up. 

" In fourth place, Sasuke Uchiha" Iruka called out and she felt her father grin in glee as he lifted him up. 

" Your name hasn't been called yet! You are in the top 3!" he said in glee, a bright grin matching her own appearance. 

" In third place Ino Yamanaka" Ino heard as her dad twirled her around and cheered. 

" That's my girl. My baby" his shrieks of joy were interrupted by Ino's mother telling him to calm down. 

Ino felt her cheeks flush as she caught the eyes of her friends. Naruto giving her a thumbs up and Shikamaru sending her a wink. 

"In second place Shikamaru Nara" Ino watched as Shikamaru's mother tackled him and his dad rubbed his head. 

" In first place, Naruto Uzumaki" Iruka finished grinning. It was obvious to everyone that he loves the blond as a sister.

Naruto beamed back at him and Ino found herself moving from her father's arms and running up to her fellow blond Shikamaru walking behind her. Ino grinned and tacked Naruto and Naruto smiled at her as Shikamaru helped her up. 

" Troublesome blonds" was stated and Ino rolled her eyes. 

" you love us," she said and Shikamaru looked tired. 

" Sadly, " he deadpanned and Naruto made an offended sound in the back of her throat as he walked away. 

Students were called into the office by order and then told to leave so they could celebrate, in third place Ino was one of the first called. 

" Ino is above average in nearly everything, if the Hokage didn't remove the prodigy law I have no doubt that Ino would have been graduating next year," Iruka said, and Ino beamed. 

" She doesn't stand out much in class, she gives answers when called but never volunteers, but then again that is an issue with the number 1 and 2 spots as well." Iruka sighed and Ino raised an eyebrow. 

" At least she doesn't straight up fall asleep in my classroom" he grumbled, and Ino snorted before laughing. 

" Ino could you at least pretend to be a proper lady," her mother said sharply, and by habit, Ino straightened. 

She saw Iruka from the corner of his eye glace at Inos mother with an unreadable expression. 

" Anyways her work with chakra control is best in the year, her reserves are currently quite large for her age, she got a 93 on the written exam and a good score on aiming, do you know what field you want to specialize in Ino," Iruka asked and before she could speak her mom was talking. 

" Nothing too harsh she wants to be able to have a family so maybe a medical ninja, one that works at the hospital" Ino felt herself flush in irritation and slight tears fill her eyes. 

" Ma'am with all respect I would rather Ino answer me," Iruka said his tone harsher than Ino had ever heard him.

" I want to be my team's long-range and genjutsu support, later working in interrogation" Ino answered and her mother stood up. 

 " You will do no-" She started before her father interrupted her. 

" Dear, what has gotten into you! Ino could still do everything she wants while working in interrogation" her dad tried to compromise. 

Her mother sneered before turning away and walking out of the room, for a second Ino thought her father would go with her mom, but he stayed in his seat. 

" I apologize for my wife, she's never lived a ninja life, nor enjoyed mine"

" Perfectly fine," Iruka said his tone conveying the opposite. 

" For current team placement, she would be with Choji and Hinata based on placement, but more likely will be on a team with Shikamaru and Naruto as they have been seen working best together, " Iruka said and he dad nodded. 

" No InoShikaCho" he asked and Iruka shook his head. 

"Maybe in the future but Choji is seen on a better team with Hinata and Shino, and Ino, Naruto, and Shikamaru are the best team of this year"

" Alright perfect" her dad replied.