ch 6 Ino

Ino was ecstatic. 2 years of training, which undoubtedly had Ino falling too her knees in the beginning was done. Despite everything from the pure fire burning through her veins after the first month to the absolute pain, she felt during the physical aspect of training. 

When she looks back it feels like a dream. 

" When you guys first started Ino you managed 1 lap around Kohona, Shikamaru you could run for 1 and one half. Now Ino you can do 20 in 1 set and Shikamaru can complete 25" Naruto said by the end of the first year. 

Pride soared through Ino as she and her best friends shared a look. 

" I will be conducting these checkmarks every year that you guys are training under me, I expect at least 10 laps of growth at minimum, do you wish do to start again for another year. " Naruto asked, her eyes drilling into both Ino's and Shikamaru's. 

Ino thought back to the last year. She usually collapsed straight to her bed the second she got home, which worried her parents at first. Keeping this from them has been unbelievably easy. Ino either said that she was watching Sasuke, talking with Sakura, or hanging out with Shikamaru which was sometimes true. Her shadow clone, wow that is so satisfying to say, would sometimes do these things on random days. 

Her friendship with Sakura is one thing that Ino sometimes did miss. When you got past the literal shrine she had over Sasuke you could see the fiery temper of a girl that Ino respected. But as soon as Sasuke entered her mind all of her other thoughts turned to mush. 

Now with her training, the only interaction with the girl was through her clone, and even that was scarce. 

But then

Ino you can do 20 in 1 set now!

You can do it Ino!

Wow Ino that was a B rank genjutsu!

Be careful Ino, stay safe.

Naruto excepted her. The real her. Not the Sasuke fangirl that Sakura knew. Not the girl who's hair is the most important thing in life. Naruto knew the girl who was willing to get dirty, who wanted to be head of her clan. And she excepted it as if it was the most natural thing in the world. 

Naruto was willing to take on the whole village if it meant keeping Ino and Shikamaru safe. 

And every time that Naruto looked at them both, with her crystal blue eyes filled with unspeakable pride, Ino could say that everything was ok. 

" I can't help but feel as if Naruto was the first person to see me as me, not as the shadow of my clan. For that I think is why I will stand by her"

Shikamaru said after they went in town with Naruto and they saw first hand the glares of every civilian, and some ninja. 

At first, Ino was confused, why would they look at her like that, but then a bubbling fury rose in her chest. But before she could do anything, Naruto turned back to them with a small smile, nothing compared to the bright grins she gave during training. Her eyes usually bright with pride were filled with a pain that made Ino falter. 

She was trying to make us feel better

Truthfully that just made Ino want to stab everyone a bit more but she held back. And discreetly pulled Shikamaru's hand off of his kunai pouch. 

The week she turned nine, Naruto gave them the week off. For the first day, she hung out with Sakura, had fun with her family, and slept until midday. The next day she was bored, and by the third day, she and Shikamaru were charging at Naruto to demand training. Naruto without batting an eyelash looked at them both, grinned, and shushined them to their training ground. 

On the day of her birthday, Ino arrived at the training ground with Shikamaru in tow to see streamers and balloons wrapped around the tree's. 

Naruto was sitting under a tree holding a small bag and brightened when she saw them. In the bag was a purple scrunchy, reminding Ino of her complaining about her long hair during training, with a flowered brooch attached. 

In the inside several seals were in place, which not only gave Ino a place to store extra chakra to use on emergency's but also allowed her to recover her chakra faster. 

On Shikamaru's birthday, they all had a smaller party. Naruto gave Shikamaru his gift, which was a light green crystal necklace that dispelled all genjutsu's that are aimed to effect him, and they spent the entire day splashing each other in the water, it came to the point were Naruto who is petty to use a water jutsu and looked smug when she and Shikamaru ended up dretched. 

Ino shook herself from her thoughts and went back to Naruto's question. 

do you wish do to start again for another year

" Hell yes"

" You're not getting away from us that easily"