ch 2 Ino

Ino wants to be a ninja. She wants to get dirty and fight.

Sadly according to her mom this is a sin.

" Girls must be delicate Ino" Her mother spoke with brushing her hair.

" As a girl, you can't go running into the dirt," She said.

" But Momma what if I want to play in the dirt," Ino asked. Her mother's face twisted as if she ate a lemon.

" You don't have time to play in the dirt Ino. You have to learn how to cook and clean, so you could get married" Her mother said placing a bow in Ino's hair.

"Why do I need to get married," Ino asked tilting her head.

" You need to get married, so the clan could have a good leader," Her mother said.

" Can't I be the leader" Ino asked and her mother laughed.

" No Ino a man needs to be the head of the clan. It's just the way it is. A woman's place is in the house" Her mother said and Ino nodded.

Later when her father came home she walked up to him and pulled his hand down.

" What is it Ino," He asked and Ino looked up.

" Do you wish I was a boy, so I would take over the clan" Ino whimpered.

" At first I won't lie to you, I wanted a boy. But now that you are here, I wouldn't ask for anything else" Her father said, but despite his last words Ino turned numb at the beginning.

Ino gave him a shaky smile before running to her room in sobs.

Why do I have to be a girl... Why couldn't I make my parents happy

Since that day Ino made sure to be the perfect girl. Wearing dresses that her mom picked out, putting bows in her hair, learning about flowers, and helping her mom cook.

Her mom beamed whenever Ino did one of these things.

" What a perfect Lady I have"

Or

" You're going to be such a good wife Ino!"

Were common phrases that came from her mother's mouth.

Her dad was more accepting.

While balancing a few plates on her hands to take to the kitchen her father smiled.

" I can see it know Ino. You will be an excellent ninja"

But even he has times where he states.

" You are so good at keeping the house Ino. One day I won't be able to hold boys back from you"

It continued like this as she grew up. It was like the only good part of her was the fact that she was going to get married. No one saw her worth for being her.

Well, not no one.

" Wow Ino you're so smart" Shikamaru stated with a smile as they played Shoji. Shikamaru was winning, but Ino was putting up a fight.

Shikamaru was like a brother to her along with Choji. But she could rant to Shikamaru about anything and everything and he would support her through thick and thin. Choji was a nice guy and all but he doesn't understand that sometimes you aren't happy with the role you are given.

Shikamaru understands that better than anyone and everyone.

" Are you going to join the academy Ino?" He asked and Ino's smile turned strained.