Chapter 3

I'm finally back in my own house, and currently baking a chocolate Bundt cake. Today was such a tiring day, as I had to do so much work back to back with minimal breaks. Baking is sure to cheer me up.

While preparing the batter, I hear the doorbell ring. I jog to the doorway to quickly open the door.

I look through the window and open the door in excitement.

"Y/N!!!" Hange yells at my face and leans in to give me a big bear hug.

"Hange! It's so good to see you, we haven't seen each other in a while!" I hug her back tightly. "I've missed you so much..."

"I am so sorry, I've just been so caught up with research. We might be digging into something BIG. But I just had to see how my best friend is doing. Oh! I also brought you something."

She hands me a white gift bag, and I look inside. There were donuts and a nice expensive looking porcelain mug. 

"Classic glazed, just the way you like 'em."

"Hange... how much did you pay for the mug?"

"Not telling."

I sighed. "Hange... don't spend so much on me..."

"Hush. It's fine." She gives me a big smile.

"I'd love to munch on those donuts right now, but I'm baking a Bundt cake." 

"Baking! I love baking!" She exclaims and claps her hands. "And you know what, you should stop eating so many donuts. They're not healthy, at all."

"Then why did you get me donuts? Sheesh."

Walking over to the kitchen and preparing my wet ingredients, Hange joins in and prepares the chocolate glaze.

"God, I love your kitchen so much. It's so big and nice and modern and BIG. I'd love a kitchen like this."

"Hehe, I'm well aware. You tell me that every time you come over."

"Being rich is awesome."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So..." She starts as she inserts the cake into the oven and wipes the flour off her face. "Anyone you're interested in?"

Uh oh.

"Uggggghhhhh, Hange... you ask me that so much..." I groan loudly. I'm so tired and I'm not ready for her babbling on about my love life.

"Come ON! I bet you haven't gotten in a serious relationship, like, your whole life. Why not start searching now?"

"Well..."

"Well?"

"There's this guy..."

I could have sworn her face turned from serious to pure joy in milliseconds. She was so shocked that her mouth is hanging open in an "O" shape.

"Y/N!!! I can't believe this! Seriously? SERIOUSLY?"

I laugh in embarrassment. She's so over the top, but I love her for that.

"Oh my God, Y/N, this is really good news. This is so-"

I jump once I hear a strong clang on the kitchen floor. Hange bumped her hand on the glaze bowl, and it went tumbling down and spilled a little bit on both the counter and the floor.

"Shoot!" She bends down quickly to grab it before it spills everywhere. She runs over to the other side and gets some paper tissues, and comes back to wipe off the spilled glaze.

"It's such an unnecessary workout to get to the paper towels." She complains.

"Didn't you say you loved my kitchen earlier?"

"Oops. Forget I said anything. Anyways, tell me about this guy!" She looks like she's about to burst from excitement.

"His name is Eren. And he's such a sweetheart. And he's really... hot."

"Show me proof!" She demanded for a picture of him.

"Let's see..." I pull out my phone and scroll through his social media to find a picture. I find a good one and show it to her.

'Y/N... you just hit a jackpot."

"Hange!" I elbow her on the side.

"Oof! Hey, what was that!" She laughs in agony.

I laugh along with her. Man, have I missed them.

"And he's a sweetheart! Good for you girl!" She returns my attack with a hard slap to the back that literally resonated in my bones. My soul felt like it was vibrating.

"OW! That HURT!" I cackle in pain.

"Hehe... Let's relax in the living room while the cake finishes baking."

"Ugh... okay." My back still aches from that thing she did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cake is done, and we're eating it in the living room couch, legs sprawled out and using them as tables.

"I hope he's treating you well."

"He is, Hange. No worries. By the way, we're not dating."

She drops her fork dramatically. "Okay, WHAT? I totally thought you guys were a thing."

"...Yet. Hm, I really don't know."

"What do you mean?"

"It's just... I wanna ask him. It's been a while, and he's taken me out to so many places. And we flirt so much it hurts. But we've never even mentioned it."

"Y/N... you sound like you're very close." She consoles me like a caring mother, almost.

"I think we are. You know what, I might even..."

"Might even what?"

"Might even..." I stumble on my words. I can't...

"Spit it out,          hun."

"I think I... love him..." I manage to mumble it out. I doubt she even heard me say it.

She immediately holds her hand to her mouth, obviously in shock. She's rarely heard me talk about a person I like, let alone announce my love.

"Y/N... are you serious?" She has both a serious and playful tone to her voice.

"eeeeeeeee..." I can't even form sentences anymore. I bury my face into my hands, and I can begin to feel a burning sensation on my face.

"You're blushing so hard! I've never seen you like this!" She pokes my hands with her fork. "Hello? Earth to Y/N?"

I haven't even realized until now. All this time, all these feeling brewing in me. I didn't notice it until now. The realization hit me like a speeding train. And now that I think about it, he probably likes me too.

"Y/N, I totally think you should confess."

"Are... are you sure?"

"If you're comfortable enough, then go for it."  She gives me a reassuring thumbs-up.

"...I'll think about it."

"Yay!" She wraps her arms around me and gives me a tight hug.

"Hange, my cake is gonna fall..."

"Oh, sorry."

A/N - Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading my story. This is my first published fanfic, actually. Sorry for no Eren today, but I wanted to introduce hange in some way this chapter. And please lmk if the events are moving too fast, since i'm planning not to make this too long :) -reem <3