Chapter 5

I'm sitting on my dining room table, contemplating whether or not I should click the call button. I want to invite him over today, just the two of us.

With one big inhale, I tap the green call button, and hold the phone up to my ear.

And in just two beeps, he immediately picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Eren. I wanted to ask you something."

"Hm?"

"Um..." I pause a little, still unsure whether I should ask, but I go for it anyway. "Wanna come over to my house?"

There's a little pause on the phone. "Sure. When?"

"Today, anytime you're free to." It's pretty early, so I don't expect him to come any time soon.

"Alright, I'll come over. See you." He hangs up, and I place my phone down on the table.

I notice I've been holding in my breath, and let out a big sigh of relief. I asked him, finally. I've been thinking about it for so long.

Still looming over whether I should have asked him or not, while covering my face with my hands, my phone vibrates and makes me jolt in surprise.

It's Eren calling me back.

I tap answer call, and pick up the phone. "Hi?"

"Sorry, I know which street it's in, but which house is yours?"

"Ah, it's the one with the grey gates."

"All of them have grey gates, Y/N."

"Oh. My house is a brown colour, it stands out. And it has my surname engraved on the gate."

"But what If I get lost..."

"Don't worry, I'll come out and call for you if you do. Just... don't wander around too much, okay? Bye bye."

"Bye."

------------------------------------------------------

30 minutes had passed by, and I get another call from Eren.

"Yes?"

"I'm lost."

"Seriously? Okay, stand and wait where you are. You're on the correct street, right?"

"Yeah..." He sounds so sad and lost I can't help but let out an  "Aw". 

"Wha?"

"Sorry. You just sounded so cute there. Anyway, I'm coming out of my house and looking for you."

"Okay."

Quickly putting on the nearest cardigan I could find, I speed walk my way to the front door. I open my door, walk through my front yard and open the gate.

Peeking my head out and surveilling the area, I spot Eren from a distance, shaking his head left and right looking for me.

"Hey! Over here!" I yell as loud as I can, but not enough to concern the neighbors. I wave my hands up in the air so I can be more noticeable.

He turns around and I can barely notice his face lighting up, since he's so far away. He waves back, and walks towards my house.

"Hi." He says to me as he reaches the front step. Turning his head, he stares at my house intently, his mouth slightly agape.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, since he's taking a while.

"Your house is huge! It looks amazing."

"Hehe, thanks. I furnished it to my style by myself too. Let's go inside, then."

--------------------------------------------------------

After giving him an in-depth house tour and experimenting in the kitchen while making lunch and dinner, we finally settle down in my living room couch.

"Ah, I'm exhausted..." I  drag myself to the seat and crash on it in fatigue. "We did so much things today."

"Yeah... and I can't get over how cool your house is."

 I chuckle. "Glad you like it."

"Want some juice?"

"Sure."

I get up from the couch and walk to the kitchen. While pouring juice for the both of us, It hits me. Should I tell him? Is this the right time to tell him I love him?

I enter the pantry for some snacks, and began to ponder.

Maybe this is the right time. It's about time I tell him.

I hand him his drink and ask him: "Why don't we go outside? The weather's nice and I have a sitting area there."

~

My heart is racing, and butterflies are ravaging my stomach. I'm so nervous, but I try to hide it.

I take a sip from my drink and cross my legs. "I have something to tell you, Eren."

'Yeah?"

"So..." I sigh. "Ever since we met, you've been so... such a good friend. And we've gotten so close. I really like when we hang out together; I have so much fun with you..." I'm unable to look at him in the face.

"Long story short, I love you. That's all I wanted to say." I muster enough courage to look at him instead of my shoes.

A deep red blush creeps up on his face, and he makes a silly face. He tries to cover it up with the back of his hand.  

'Truth is... I love you too..."

I knew it. I knew it! But the shock still overcame me, and I couldn't help but smile the biggest of smiles.

"You look funny." I tell him to try to break the silence.

"Hey!" He whines.

"I finally said it. I'm so relieved it's off my chest now." I sigh again and lean my head on the back of the sofa. "And I'm glad you feel the same way."

"Can I kiss you?"

"Huh? Oh. Yes." The nervousness from a few moments ago begins to creep back up.

He leans in slowly, and gently caresses the lower part of my face. Our lips meet, and we just stay there, embracing each other.

I pull away and look at him, and he's still blushing profusely, his cheeks so red they looked like tomatoes. Giggling at his state, I plant a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Come on, let's go inside." I grab his hand and lead him inside.

 While walking through my front yard, I tighten my grip on his hand and say, "Hey, I want to take you somewhere this weekend. It's my treat."

*A/N: I'm really sorry for the late update. I honestly lost motivation and couldn't express what I wanted to write. But nonetheless, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)*

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 09, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Blooming Fondness || Eren X Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें