Chapter 1: Lex-ssignation

Clark Kent looked out from the window 20 floors up. From the Daily Planet could he watch over the whole city. From the Centennial park to Fort hob's park, Hob's River to West River. Many believes that Clark begged for the window seat just to daydream, but that's not the whole truth. Clark had two interests of the seat at the window. The first one was of course to see the beautiful City of Metropolis, maybe even see and hear if someone was in danger. Thanks to Clarks super hearing, which comes with the packing of having alien superpowers, could he hear if someone needed help louder and clearer and be faster to the crime scene then any policemen in the city. The flying makes it all easier to. The second interest is the writing. If he has the window seat, could no one see how fast he writes the articles. Clark suddenly hear footsteps approaches.

"Ground control to Clark Kent" a woman's voice was heard behind him. Clark turned around fast. He smiled when he got to see Lois Lane in front of him.

"Hi Honey" Clark said and kissed her. Lois and Clark had been together for 5 years now. They started dating a year after he came to Metropolis.

"I didn't know you got payed for watching out of the Window" Lois said and looked at his computer. One word was written, it was Superman. Clark laughed.

"You know, I could write this story in just 5 minutes" Clark said nonchalant. Lois smiled as she shook her head.

"Clark Kent, fastest reporter alive" Lois said while she walked to her desk. Clark followed her with his eyes. He couldn't really believe that he was together with her. His gaze crossed Perry White who was waving at Clark. Clark did an attentive nod at Perry while he packed his bag. He then walked to the office named, Perry White, Editor in chief. Clark corrected his glasses while he walked into the office. He took the seat in front of Perry. Clark had two thoughts of why Perry called him in. The first was his daydreaming problem, the second was that his article was late.

"So, Clark Kent, your article from yesterday about the caught of Prankster was a success. Many readers are impressed about how you combine the facts and the telling. A reader says, I quote "Clark Kent's writing is dreamingly good". Which is not just a success for the company, for you to" Perry said and flipped thru some paper works. He then put a paper before him. Clark looked at it shocked. A huge pay raises.

"You deserve this Mr. Kent" Perry said and Smiled. Clark didn't know what to say. He just nodded and tried to sound so professional as he could.

"Just doing my job Mr. White" Clark said and raised up. Perry nodded and went back to his computer. When Clark came out from Mr. White's office he just smiled and blinked with one eye to Lois. If you came out from Perry White's office with a smile, you must have gotten a raise. Clark went to the elevator. Outside of it he pressed the arrow down button. After approximately 10 seconds the doors opened, and he walked inside. He pushed the button named E, but when the doors were on the way of closing, a man shouted, "Hold it, hold it". Clark held the door and waited for the man to arrive.

"Thank you, Clark," Jimmy Olsen said and walked inside, out of breath. Clark laughed while the doors closed.

"Did you take a pause with your training" Clark asked Jimmy. Clark and Jimmy have known each other for two years. They are really good friends. Clark have thought much of revealing his secret identity to Jimmy but have never found the right moment to do so. Jimmy took a deep breath.

"Funny you say that Kent, you always look worked out but never really trains" Jimmy comment and smiled.

"Well, my metabolism must be working different I guess" Clark responded. This wasn't a lie. The metabolism was partly why he stood in the elevator. He had an appointment at Star Labs for a yearly check in.