LAST CHAPTER: chapter 20

Alex POV: 3 years later

I stand in front of the mirror looking at myself, I never thought I'd be here, with the love of my life.

"Ready to put your dress on?" Fiona came in with my wedding dress in a bag.

"Yea let's do it" I said looking at her and back at the mirror, starting to strip my clothes to my bra and underwear.

I stepped into the dress as Fiona pulled it up over my hips and helped me put the straps over my arms, she quickly zipped it up and turned me around fixing any bumps and uneven parts. I sat down on the chair in the room and put my heels on.

I already had my makeup done earlier the morning along with my hair and nails. All that was left was to put my dress on and wait for the music to start playing.

Fiona started to shed a tear as I laughed at her, I hugged her tightly and thanked her for everything she has done for me and Carl. She walked out and sat down as I heard the music start to play.

Franny was walking down the isle, throwing the flower pebbles. I seen kev come in the room signalling it was time to go out and walk down the isle.

He held his arm out as I gladly wrapped mine around his and walked through the doors, mostly Carl's family was in the seats but my brother and his girlfriends made it as well, it was a tiny wedding.

Me and kev walked down the isle as I seen Carl looking at me wiping a couple of tears from his eye. I smiled at him and looked up at Kevin who was looking down at me smiling.

We made it to the front where Kev would hand me over, I turned towards him where kev grabs my head and gives me a kiss on my hair

"You got this kiddo, I'm proud of you" he spoke into my hair, he then walked to his seat next to Veronica and the girls.

I stepped up on the platform and Carl grabbed my hands, the priest waiting for me to allow him to start. I nodded quickly as he flipped through pages of the bible and started

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the marrying of Carl and Alex soon to be Gallagher. These two have been through thick and thin" he spoke and closed the bible all together

"I remember seeing Carl and Alex always together in there teenage years, I remember seeing the both of them getting into the cop car on their way to juvie" he spoke up looking at the audience and then back to us

Me and carl laughed as the priest showed us both a smile.

"These two straightened up and got their life together, and for that I say amen" he spoke as we heard a bunch of amens come from the family.

"Carl do you take Alex to be your lawful wife through thick and thin, sickness and health?" He spoke up as Carl looked at him when his name was spoke

"I do" he said smiling at me as he spoke

"Alex so you take Carl to be your lawful husband through thick and thin, sickness and health" he spoke looking at me

"I do" I spoke as Carl squeezed my hands as a tear left his and mine eyes.

"I pronounce you Carl and Alex Gallagher, you may kiss the bride" he spoke as Carl at go of my hands and placed them at the back of my neck passionately kissing my lips softly.

I looked in the crowd and seen Debbie, Fiona and V all wiping tears along with Kev. Me and Carl walked down the isle leaving the main room and heading to the lunch area, where there was a stage and tables sat up.

Everyone settles down to a table and I see Kev walk up to the stage and positions the microphone to his height.

"I wasn't planning on talking but I have a couple things to say about the newly weds.  I can remember when they was only 13 sneaking out of the house to go get drunk under the L. Especially when I use to see Alex go out on the Gallagher Bridge in the middle of the night for a smoke, only 15 years old. How they both went to juvie together. These two deserve each other. It makes me so proud to see Alex be happy and with someone who cares about her as much as Carl do, I have always looked at her as a daughter of mine" he said as I wiped the tears streaming down my face

"You was a better father than my own father" I spoke up as I got up and walked on stage with Kev and gave him a hug letting my cries out as we swayed back and forth in a tight hug.

"Thank you for everything you and V have done for me, and thank you Fiona for being there for me through everything, you guys don't understand how grateful I am for all of you guys. Thanks Debbie for showing me what it was like to have a best friend, and how it feels to be a aunt with Franny. Thank you Lip for showing me that there is a life and college waiting outside of the south side, Thank you Ian for showing me how to defend myself and show my true colors. And lastly thank you Carl for sticking with me through all my family troubles, showing me what real love is and letting me spend the rest of my life with you" I spoke up now historically screeching my eyes out as I hugged Kev one more time.

The girls got up and walked towards me as I got off the stage and hugged in a big group, I heard a bunch of sobs, we finally let go and we all rub our tears away.

The dinner went smoothly, everyone getting up and saying a couple words about our marriage. The dinner was soon over and I seen Carl get up and walk towards the stage

"I honestly never thought I'd be here today with the most beautiful girl in the world able to call her my wife. Along the way we lost some people who I wish would have been here to see such a amazing accomplishment in my life. I wish Nick was here to see me get married, damn I wish he was my best man. But everything happens for a reason, I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for  us baby" he spoke as he wiped a tear from his eye.

This caused me to tear up more as I seen him walk down off the stage. I got up and hugged him as he laughed into my shoulder

"We're married baby" he said holding me by my shoulder and pulling me into another hug

"Alex Gallagher, has a ring to it" he spoke into my shoulder

The dinner became to a end as me and Carl went up on stage thanking everyone for coming and spending the day with us. Everyone started leaving as me and Carl left first. We got into Carl's car and drove wherever he has planned. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with this boy.

_______________
AND THATS A WRAP!

I wanna say thank you to every single one of you guys who read this book, voted and commented on it! I appreciate you guys so much

I also want to just explain why the book is ending so soon

I didn't have any motivation to keep this booking going, due to not being interested in shameless much anymore, but I didn't want to leave you guys waiting to be updated, therefore I wrote a couple more chapters and ended it with a happy ending!

I'm sorry to disappoint, thanks you all so much for the positive feedback on this book! Also sorry if the last couple of chapters didn't link up with the previous chapters.

Love, Fandomwriter56