2. Tutoring is beneficial

::Chapter 2::

Tutoring is beneficial.

×○×○

Frustrated Zach stood up. There was no way Mrs Lee would listen to Mira's plea twice. Just thinking about coach's long lecture made him hate the girl and he didn't even get to see what was written in the note which got him in this mess.

And so he opened it up to take a look. The bitter scowl never falling off his face.

Seeing Zach's thunderous expression. Mira's stomach churned. It's not like she wanted to stay for detention either, if Sunghoon agreed to her proposal than the last thing she wants is detention.

As the period came to an end, determined Mira stood up. Just as she did an angry Zach smacked the open sticky note on her table. She quickly read the contents but not before glancing at the grumpy football player packing his bag.

Do you wanna go to the rink today? M.

Sure. S.

Mira looked up to catch Sunghoon's eye. He gave her a small smile.

Her happy mood just rubbed in Zach's bad one. Grabbing her bag she threw everything in with one swift motion.

"Mr Brewer and Ms Montogomery, stay back."

"Now what?" Zach muttered under his breath, knowing if he spoke these words aloud his punishment will only get worse.

Surprisingly Mira, who now swung the bag on her shoulder and stood next to Zach answered. "Don't know."

"I didn't ask you." Zach snapped, his eyes starting to cloud with anger. She was the one who got him detention yet she herself looked so calm.

Thankfully, because of the few students still loitering the room Mrs Lee didn't pay attention.

"Jerk." She spoke loud enough so only he could hear, then strutted towards Mrs Lee's desk. Grumbling, Zach followed suit.

Mrs Lee pushed her glasses down to her nose in an exaggerated manner before pushing a sheet in front of Zach. It was last week's test.

Mira caught the sight of the answer sheet. 53 out of 100.

Well that was shocking.

Out of all the players Zach was the one who didn't let football effect his studies. That was the only trait she admired about him.

Seems like Zach knew this well too because he quickly snatched the paper off the desk. Mrs Lee continued, "This isn't the only test you have failed Zach and you know it. Even as a football player you need to have at least a C+ grade to pass."

I saw the paper on his side, crumple lightly under pressure.

"And that is why instead of giving you both detention for a whole week I insist-" a week of detention?

I was quick to oppose the idea. "Mrs Lee but that's a whole week!" Bad move.

"And make that a whole month missy."

"What?" Zach spoke up for the first time, his voice underlying with anger.

"Watch you tongue, both of you. Don't think I didn't notice the little slips you were passing each other."

We both went quiet. I just ducked my head in shame, Zach on the other hand wasn't dealing well with this news. His fist shook by his side.

I discreetly took a step away from the ticking bomb.

"Where was I? Oh yes, so instead of detention since I'm sure it will affect Zach's practice time, I want Mira to tutor Zach. For a whole month."

Neither of us spoke. The only thing I could think of was damn I'm screwed.

"It will be beneficial in the long run."

After Mrs Lee finished her speech on why this will be "beneficial" for both of us. I felt physically and mentally drained, on the bright side Zach didn't look like a volcano ready to burst.

As we both made our way out Mrs Lee's classroom. There was silence and I knew what I needed to do.

"I'm sorry." I said cheekily.

"It's fine." Of all the things I thought Zachary Anne Brewer would say it definitely wasn't this. I put my hands in front of me and secretly pinched my arm.

I think I wasn't as discreet as I thought when I saw his eyes dart towards my hands. An amused smile adored his face.

"Are you sure? I mean it's good that we didn't get detention but then I know you don't like Bio, I figured from your grades-" I quickly clamped my hands on my mouth and dropped just as quickly when I saw his grin widen. "I didn't mean to pry it's just common sense why you would need a-a a tutor if you were dumb. N-not d-dumb," I scrambled to put my words together. "Of course you're not dumb-"

Zach cut me off. "I think I get it."

"Of course you do." Was there a way to zip this shit-spewing mouth of mine.

He sighed before he spoke up again. "I do need help with biology, atleast if I want to get get scholarship." He seemed lost for a moment, a look you don't usually get to see on the star quarterback and captain of Edgewoods football team. but he realized that too as he quickly added a suggestive raise of the brows. "And you don't seem half as bad."

Forget it. He was a pain in the ass as always. "Jerk." I growled and pushed past him. "You can go fuck yourself."

I heard him call back, knowing he must be smirking I didn't turn around. "I have a feeling I wouldn't need to go through the hassle."

That self-centered prick. Sure he wouldn't need to.

×○×○
źįmî
23.03.2021.