12. The hug

:: Chapter 12 ::

The hug.

×○×○

Mira

I had organized everything in one corner of Zach's room, coming to the conclusion I won't be needing anything except my apartment keys and phone.

I stuffed both of these items in the front pockets of my pants. Yes! Pockets!

We both went down the stairs together, but for some reason I felt shy being noticed in anything other than my basic attire by the Brewer family.

Hence, I tried to sneakily -and secretly- exit the house, however it seemed as if Zach didn't mind.

Keyword: tried.

His mom caught us leaving the house, but acted nonchalant. "Going out?" She questioned Zach, yet it felt like she was accusing me of sneaking out which was far from the original situation and didn't make any sense.

I turned, about to answer Mrs Brewer when Zach replied a causal, "Yeah." I turned to face him. No more questions were asked by his mother.

Even though I have moved out of my house, I feel like if my mom were still responsible she would atleast ask me where I was going. Either Zach's parents are very chill or they are just used to it.

I have a hunch it's the latter.

"Come on Gomery, what are you waiting for."

"Oh! yeah." I cast another glance towards the direction where Mrs Brewer was in the kitchen, thinking she might appear, but she never did.

I closed the door behind me and rushed towards Zach's BMW. As I buckled in I asked him. "Where is this party anyway?"

"I have the location on my phone, don't worry." As he adjusted a few things in his car.

"Can you send it to me?" I asked as he backed out of the driveway. He didn't bother looking over.

"Why? I'm going to be the one to drive there anyway." Backing out, he pressed the accelerator and we started heading towards the unknown location.

"I need to send it to one of the guys to let them know where I am. In case I need company." I already entered our group chat typing in that I was on my way to the party.

"Why would you need company when I'm going with you?" He sounded hurt but I couldn't help but think that was all in my head.

"And who's to say you wouldn't end up drunk, and in bed with Bianca?" Heeseung's text came in, asking where I would be. I ignored it for now.

Even though Mira was just stating facts, Zach found it hard to swallow that she thought that was exactly what was going to happen. Even if it might not.

Once again he was being judged, without being known about who he truly was.

"Look, not tonight. I won't be stripping such nice clothes anytime soon." I gave him a long glance, finding it hard to believe.

"We'll see about that." I concluded that I would just send the location when I get there.

For Zach it felt like a challenge. He's heard these comments a million times by his friends and Keels however they never mattered so much as they did now.

The rest of the car ride was silent.

It didn't bother me really. Long drives like these calm me down because they remind me of my father.

As unexpected as it was, a drop of rain fell on the window I was looking out from. I sat up straighter, noticing a few others join.

The car slowed down.