3. Meeting the Brewers

::chapter 3::

Meeting the Brewers.

×○×○

Mira

I drove to the Brewers house, yesterday's memories from the rink still fresh in my mind. There is nothing better than going to an ice rink to cool down, especially if you need to cool down due to a certain someone's nonsense. Having a cute boy giving you company is just a bonus. Involuntarily I smiled.

Zach had given me his number and his address today in biology class. Not that it would have been hard to find either way.

He's player.

He's slept with so many girls, it's hard to even count. I could have asked the girl in front of me in line today at the cafeteria and she could've given it to me.

I slowed down my fathers black Mark-X to clearly look at all the houses passing by. When I found it, I parked near the house.

I wasn't supposed to be driving, I still had a couple months before I officially got my drivers licence but since I live alone I decided it would be good to put my beginner skills to test, and so that the car doesn't start to rust.

In my defense, Zach's house isn't that far.

Getting out of the car, I grabbed my bag and locked the car. Using one hand to shade my eyes from the scorching summer sun, I used the other to scroll through my chats until I found Zach's and sent a quick text.

I'm here.

Pocketing my phone, I made my way up the driveway, where a silver BMW was parked, and onto the front door of the Brewer household.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door twice. Letting my hands fall and rest besides me, when my eyes found the doorbell on the side of the door.

Feeling stupid, I groaned. Way to go Mira.

Not hearing the door open, "Rough day?" A voice called out. I instantly looked up to see an aged man- most probably in his 40s - standing in the doorway. He had the same hazel eyes as Zach, the green more distinguishable in the sunlight. I figured he would be his dad.

"Mr Brewer?" I questioned.

"Yes. How may I help you?" He was a polite man looking rather quizzical as to why a teenage girl was standing at his front door. Which I found odd, since I heard that girls either enter the household happy and (always) leave crying. Not my words though.

"I'm here to tutor Zach." I spoke politely. It seemed as If the wheels in his head started turning and he gestured me inside.

Their house wasn't fancy like one would expect (she was expecting it) but it had a cozy feel to it. The walls were lined with family portraits and pictures. All of a sudden dog was licking my feet.

I yelped at the sudden appearance of the furry animal and jumped back. "Don't worry, tucker doesn't bite." This was more of a feminine voice, however it didnt make me trust the animal anymore. A woman -who I presumed was Zach's mother because of the fiery red hair- came forth.

"Hello." I greeted. She nodded back.

"Hello to you too dear." The atmosphere quickly became awkward so I felt the need to tell her why I was here.

"Actually I'm here to tutor Zach so If you could tell me where he was..." I awkwardly trailed off, hands moving in were ways. Put your hands down Mira. On cue my my hands dropped

"Did someone say Zach's tutor?" Keeley- Zach's twin sister poked her head out of what I presumed was the living room. A book cradled in her arm. I peeked at the tittle.

"Yup that's me." I replied awkwardly then inwardly cringed.
God, Mira you're so...Ugh!

Keeley eyed me up and down making me hyper-aware of the Heeseung's baseball tee I wore tucked in my black jeans. In a failed attempt to gain some confidence, I stood up straighter.

"I don't think I have seen you in any of the senior classes." Her suspicious tone didn't go unnoticed by me. It was her house, of course she had the right to interrogate me, but I couldn't help but feel annoyed. Now I have to tell them the reason. I blinked to stop the rolling of my eyes.

"I'm actually a junior and in Zach's Biology class." They gave questioning looks which meant I had to further explain myself. "I was already ahead of the juniors Science study course so to save time I decided to join seniors Biology class too." Uncalled opinion attack in 3, 2, 1.

"Your mum must be very proud of you." Mrs Brewer spoke. I gave her a strained smile, feeling my cheek muscles pull.

"Wow what's your secret?" Keeley awed. I knew they didn't mean it with ill intent but I didn't like it, especially if my family were mentioned.

"Do you have other siblings too? I wish Zach was more like you." Mrs Brewer put a hand on her cheek.

The latte I had before bubbled in stomach, urging me to bend over. I felt sick and I haven't even seen Zach's face yet.

"Mom! I'm hungry! Do we still have leftovers?" The muffled sound of feet thumping against tge floor was heard. Zach's headphones were dangling around his neck when he entered the scene.

His eyes immediately darted towards me. "Shorty? Wait why are you wearing my number." He finished accusingly.

I scoffed. Of all the things he could have called me in front of his parents he chose shorty. Other than that I remembered that Zach's number was also 1. Same as Heeseung's.

"Zach." Mr Brewer warned but his voice sounded distant. I realized that he had snuck off to the living room without anyone noticing.

He mumbled a small sorry which almost went unheard by me. Almost.

"I texted you." I said as he made his way forward. "Clearly you were busy." I not so subtly pointed towards his headphones. "And it's not a football number, it's a baseball T-shirt."

"Uhhh yeah whatever. My rooms upstairs. Come on." He was already turning back when Mrs Brewer gave her statement.

"You were hungry? I will ask your tutor to bring it up for you since Keeley is already gone." I looked to see that Keeley had followed after her father. "Sorry honey, I didn't catch your name."

"Mira. Mira Montogomery." I supplied.

"Ah! Are you new around here?"

"Not really." I just never went out of my way to get to know people who didn't concern my life. "I don't live in this neighbourhood."

Then grabbing my hand she steered me towards the kitchen before Zach could protest.

The kitchen was adorned with all-white polished marble, giving off an expensive vibe. Mrs Brewer definitely knew her interior decor.

I watched in awe as she gracefully plated food on a tray and in a minute food was ready. More like snacks. "I really don't want to go upstairs and my favourite soap is starting in like- shit 2 minutes."

"Here." She thrusted the tray in my hands. "There is enough for two, help yourself too." With a quick smile, she was out and about. I just stood there stunned for a minute. I mean I have met Sunoo and Heeseungs mom's but Zach's mother is...something else.

I went out of the kitchen in search of stairs. Passing the living room, I peeked inside to see Keeley with the book in hand, deeply engrossed. Mr and Mrs Brewer watching TV, the soap that she just mentioned.

I found the stairs in front of the living room. When I reached the top, without dropping any food, I felt more joy than I did when going to the rink with hoon. Okay maybe that was exaggerated.

Now, which room belongs to Zach?

×○×○
żįmı
23.03.2021.