˗ˋ 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THE TRYOUTS END

. . .

The final part of Charlie's plan for tryouts was to make up teams of who he thought were good from the Beaters and who kaida thought was good from the Chasers. With him being the Seeker and Oliver already in position by the hoops, what they were doing was practically holding a mock practise.

It appeared that way, but in reality Charlie and Kaida were both watching carefully, testing the dynamics between different mixes and putting several different people together. And after a little while of doing this, Charlie blew the whistle and those still up in the air sunk down to the grass, where they joined the small crowd of the others.

"Thank you all so much for coming-" Charlie's end-of-tryouts speech had become, and having dragged herself off her broom with aching limbs, Kaida's mind drifted to the hot bath she was planning on having that evenings, slipping away at some point to go to the Prefects bathroom. 

Having zoned out for majority of the speech, the Phoenix girl didn't miss much. Just Charlie telling them that he would have a list of the completed team up on the common room notice board by the end of the week, as well as slipping in a few compliments to all of them here and there to make them feel a little better if they looked particularily disheartened.

"And I would also like to thank Kaida for overseeing the chaser tryouts, and Oliver for being a good sport and giving up his evening to help out. Thank you all for coming, I'll let you all know about the results by the end of the week - the showers and changing rooms are in the stands outside, going and get yourselves cleaned up before dinner." Charlie finished, clapping his hands together and watching as the hopefuls moved away. 

"Merlin that was exhausting." Kaida mumbled, standing up straight from where she had been leaning on her broom. "Do you have a good idea of who you're going to pick?"

"Remember that really good run through we had? Well the two chasers from that and then one of the beaters. I'm not sure on the others just yet." Charlie replied, Kaida nodding when she realised who he was meaning.

"We should clean all this up before showering - I'm planning on going to the prefects bathroom around eight, if you're wanting to go." Kaida asked him as they began to walk over to where Oliver was sat by the pile of broomsticks, looking as if he was lost in thought.

"I think I've left my swimming trunks at home." Charlie grumbled. "But that's a good idea - I ache all over from all those test runs. I think Fred and George hit more bludgers at me then anywhere else."

"Well have a check for them and then decide whether you're coming." They had reached the pile, and Kaida was first to lean down and begin to bundle some together. "To say that we were playing a good portion of the last couple of weeks, I'm surprised I ache this much." 

"I'll have the list up on Friday and I'll organise practises with Madam Hooch the day after. We'll get back on the pitch and as usual I'll start with a couple sessions of more-excersize centric things." Charlie nodded. "You hear that Oliver?"

"Yep, got it." The Scottish boy stood up. "Do you think the twins would be ready to play for a team next year?" Oliver asked.

"What did I say." Charlie exclaimed, Kaida laughing and the younger boy looking confused. "We both thought you would consider them. And yes, most certainly they would be."

"Maybe they would be ready this year." Kaida said rather suddenly, the two turning towards her. "Let's be honest, Noah Duncans is a good player but there is nobody who was partnered with him that had a great dynamic. But the twins - whilst they might not be as built up as Noah they make up for it with dynamics. They work together so well, Charlie." 

"She's right." Oliver inputted. "They might not be the beefiest players but they're talented."

"I'll think about it. I don't want it to seem like favouritism, which seems to be my big problem." Charlie shrugged. "But you are right, Kai. They're really talented and work well together."

"Please, please think about it. I think they'll be really happy to be on the team for their brother's last year. And maybe it's better to get some of the younger players on the pitch. Angelina Johnson was particularly good, you know?" Kaida pushed a little, before picking up the bundle of brooms with a sigh. 

"I'll think about it." Charlie promised. "And even if those two don't get a place, Angelina will if you want her to, okay?" 

"Well at this rate the only positions that I'll have to fill next year are you two." Charlie muttered. "Both of you are just slowly picking up on what I saw."

"Oh we picked it up, Wood." Charlie shrugged. "Just need to consider several things other than raw talent." 

And with that, the two best friends began their clear-up of the mess left by tryouts, the younger Keeper left slightly shocked by what he had heard, but drinking in the advice like it was the elixir of life.

Because when it came to Charlie Weasley giving Quidditch advice, you took it.