˗ˋ 05

CHAPTER FIVE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY ARRIVE AT THE PLATFORM

. . .

Soon enough it was September 1st, and as it turned from the eighth to the ninth month, Charlie, Kaida and the rest of the Weasleys made their way back to London, ready to board the Hogwarts Express.

It was Charlie, Percy and the twins from the Weasley family that year. It just so happened that the second oldest was just missing out on Ron's first year. It didn't seem to both Charlie too much though, and although Mrs Weasley had commented on it once or twice, nothing more was said. 

They were taking the Knight bus, which always seemed to have a discount on at this time of year - or at least it appeared they did, as Stan Shunpike informed them, with a sort of nervous glance around at all nine of them, and the luggage for five of them. 

And with Mrs Weasley seeming so pleased about the discount, neither Kaida, Charlie or anyone else who had noticed the rather large poster nearish the back of the bus which explicitly said that prices had gone up didn't have the heart to tell her so.

They arrived at Kings Cross with twenty minutes to get through onto the Platform and say their goodbyes. Which sounded easy enough. However with the station filled with muggles and seven children to direct past the crowds, getting to Platform 9¾ was easier said than done. 

But they managed it, and took the barrier that seperated the muggles from the magic in pairs, emerging the other side and having to wait for the others to follow. Once they regrouped once again, they then had the task of getting through the crowds of wizards and witches to get down to the more empty end of the platform. 

Of course, before that they had to drop their luggage down by the carriage that it would all but put in. It didn't take too long, and so soon enough everyone was listening as Mrs Weasley moved through the crowds to get to the more sparsely filled end of the platform.

It was a little more steam-filled, but it had less people. And so the hard bit was over - getting the Weasleys through the busy station was a task in itself, a seperate part of the journey. 

"Is everyone alright? No loss of children or limbs, I hope?" Mrs Weasley asked, doing a mental headcount as she looked over the group of mostly red-heads. "Kaida, dear, did you get enough at breakfast? I told Charlie to give you those sandwiches earlier whilst you were packing did-"

"Yes, Mrs Weasley." Kaida quickly said. "Thank you so much, the sandwiches are here in my.. Oh." Kaida paused as she reached inside her bag, but no sandwich parcel was found.

"See I told you she wouldn't notice." Fred snickered, and as everyone looked over, George held up a extra parcel. "Catch." He threw the sandwiches over at her, and Kaida barely even had to move to catch it. 

"Expected of a chaser." George nodded, looking approvingly over at her.

"Gryffindor's prized chaser." A voice said, and Kaida jumped out of her skin as she felt an arm drape around her shoulders. "Mrs Weasley, lovely to see you, as always."

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Molly." Mrs Weasley shook her head, but a smile rested there. 

"Xavier!" Kaida exclaimed, after having taken a moment to compose herself before actually greeting the Ravenclaw boy who had seemingly appeared out of nowhere. 

"Kaida!" He replied, copying her tone with just as much enthusiasm. "Everyone's on the train already, I know a certain Leo who is absolutely desperate to see you." He smirked slightly, and Kaida punched his shoulder, shoving his arm off from around hers.

It was then when the Weasleys sprung into action, beginning their usual goodbye system of Mrs Weasley giving each of her children - the ones going to Hogwarts - a hug and saying her goodbyes. This year, Kaida's hug seemed to be especially tight, and she couldn't help but wonder whether or not it wa sbecause of what had happened with her parents. Mr Weasley quickly said his goodbyes as well, but he seemed rather preoccupied with a muggle paper he had picked up in the muggle part of the station.

"I'll see you all at Christmas, and I do expect you all back this year." Molly looked stern as her gaze fell on Kaida and Charlie, who had remained at Hogwarts over the Christmas break the previous year. "If you, or any of your friends need somewhere to go, they're free to come to the Burrow."

The final sentence was directed at Xavier, and a smile broke out on his face, knowing that he and his sister, Isla, were the reasons why Charlie and Kaida had stayed behind that year.

A puff of steam billowed out the front of the train, and the six students hurried onto the train, getting through the closest door to them. They managed to all lean out of it as the train set off, waving at Mr and Mrs Wealsey until they could no longer see them.