Heart of Darkness

(Cora's outfit for the chapter up top.)

I woke up in Kol's arms as I do every morning. We had an amazing time yesterday. We have been able to get closer to Jeremy in that past few days and I'm starting to notice that he's not that bad of a kid. I guess he's the good Gilbert.

We've hung out with Jeremy almost everyday since we first met him a couple days ago and today we were meeting him again. 

I turned my body to face Kol. He looked like he was sleeping, but I knew he was pretending to from the smile that was creeping onto his face. 

"You know, it would be so much easier to make out if you were awake." I say jokingly and he opens his eyes.

"You were saying." He says and pulls me onto his lap.

I giggle and put my hands on both of his cheeks. "I knew you were pretending." 

He smiles at me and pulls my head closer to his. Our lips only a few centimeters away. "You said it would be easier to make out if I were awake. I'm awake now, so let's make out." 

As our lips were about to touch, I jumped off of Kol's lap and sped to the bathroom, immediately hurdling over the toilet. I started to vomit and I could feel Kol grab my hair, removing it from my face as he rubbed my back softly. 

"Let it out, darling." He told me and I could hear him sigh. He had always gotten frustrated when this happened since we didn't know why I threw up. I am an original vampire. I'm not supposed to get sick and I'm throwing up. 

Once I finish vomiting, I stand up and turn to face Kol. "Why is this happening to me?" I say, my voice cracking. 

Kol pulls me into a hug and runs his hand through my hair. "We will figure it out soon. I promise." He says and I lean into him some more. "You will be fine, darling. I won't let anything happen to you." 

"I love you, my love." I say and Kol places a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you too, darling."

...

Kol and I had just arrived at the place where we were meeting Jeremy. We are going to play some baseball, well the boys are. I feel too sick to even pick a baseball bat up.  I'll just sit back and watch them.

As we turned the corner, we saw Jeremy standing there with two other people that had their backs turned to us. Kol and I noticed who they were and I knew for a fact that something was going to happen. We have Damon Salvatore and the doppelganger standing in front of us. Our cover is totally blown. 

Bye, bye friendship with Jeremy. 

"Fine, fine." I hear Jeremy say after he saw us. "Can we do this later? My friends just got here. And yes, Damon, I actually have some." He says and I chuckle while I held Kol's hand. "I'll call you when I'm done."

Jeremy starts to pass by Damon and Elena which makes them turn around. Kol had grabbed a bat while I stood back but walked after him. Elena's faced was priceless when she saw us. Jeremy said hi and we smiled at him. 

"Damon, it's Kol and Cora." I hear Elena say and I smirk.

Damon turns around to look at us, but before he could even react, Kol hit him with the bat right on the neck. "What the hell are you doing?" I hear Jeremy exclaim at Kol.

"Jeremy, get back, they are originals." Elena says, exposing us to our now, ex-friend. 

"What?!" Jeremy says and I look at him. He looked confused and I shrugged sadly.