How It All Began

Mystic Falls, The 10th Century(Third-person POV)

Kol and Cora were just babies sitting on the grass playing around while their mothers, Esther and Martha, talked.

"Aren't they just adorable?" Martha exclaimed while looking at the babies sitting on the grass in front of them. 

"They are quite adorable. I have a feeling they'll grow up to be best of friends."  Esther agreed with Martha.

"Probably even lovers." Both girls chuckled. What they didn't notice was Kol crawling closer to Cora while she was playing with her toy.

Kol grabbed Cora's small hand in his and held it for a while before planting a kiss on the side of her lips.

"Oh my goodness. Did you see what Kol just did?" Martha said happily. 

"They are just children. Kol doesn't know what he's doing."

~17 years later~

"Kol do you have any idea what you're doing?" 

"Trust me darling. I know what I'm doing." Cora looked at Kol while he kept walking further into the woods as she followed him. 

"My love, I trust you but why are we going so far into the woods?" Cora ran towards Kol and grabbed his arm for protection. Kol knew she didn't like being so far away from the village because she worried about what could happen. 

"Darling, you can trust me. I wouldn't let anything happen to you." Cora nodded and followed Kol all the way to wherever it was they were going. 

They walked until they reached a beautiful waterfall. 

"Where did this waterfall come from?" Cora asked while looking at the gorgeous waterfall in front of her. 

"I have no idea. I walked around in the woods one day and came across this. I thought it would be the perfect place to bring the woman I love." Kol looked at Cora with a smirk. Cora blushed and placed a kiss on his lips. 

"I love you so much." They both sat down and had a picnic. 

After eating, Cora stood up expecting to head back to the village after their lunch but Kol had different plans. 

"Darling, I have a surprise for you." Cora looked at him confused.

"What is it?" He smiled and grabbed her hands in his. 

"I courted you 3 years ago and it was the best thing I have ever did. We have been together since we were babies and I honestly would not imagine myself asking this question to anyone else. I love you with my whole heart and I want to be able to call you my wife." When he said that Cora put her right hand over her mouth and Kol got down on one knee. "So with your father's blessing, I ask you. Will you allow me to change your surname to Mikaelson?"  Cora cried of happiness and nodded.

"Of course my love. I don't see myself marrying anyone else." Kol stood back up and kissed her. Neither of them could see themselves with anyone else. 

"The ring will be given to you on our wedding day." Cora nodded and they both started heading back to the village to tell everyone about their engagement.

~8 months later~

Today is the big day. Kol and Cora are getting married. Cora was getting ready for the wedding with Rebekah, Esther, and her mother in the room.