𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

★ 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 ★

When you look into someone's eyes and think "I want to stay with this person forever", what do you do? Do you stay with that person forever, or do you simply drift apart like wood in an ocean? I wouldn't know the answer to that question since I've never experienced it before, but I've heard some other people describe it as meeting their other halves.

I was always curious what it'd be like, and if I'd actually be able to keep up a good relationship with someone for so long. I was never very good at that, so it's easy to guess what happened. It bothered me, but I figured I was better off without other people if all they'd do was leave me anyway.

Sitting on top of my roof, I looked at the sun as it descended, almost out of sight. I let out a small sigh, enjoying the warm colors in front of my eyes. They weren't too bright and hard to look at, but they weren't too dark that it hurt my eyes either. It was mainly orange.

I heard footsteps on the sidewalk below and averted my gaze down while I dangled my feet at the edge of the roof. I saw a boy who seemed to be my age. He had golden eyes that reminded me of the sun. He looked up at me and our gazes met.

I hope I'll get to know him in the future.

I gave him a small smile and he looked away, seemingly unfazed. The light reflected off his skin like an ocean. A gorgeous, somehow calming, ocean. I watched as he left, then returned my attention to the sky. It was finally growing dark, so I decided to get down. I climbed down the ladder that was positioned on the side of my house and went inside the one-story building.

"You still go up there to watch the sun set?" Mom asked from the kitchen, which connected to the living room.

"Of course."

"I get that it's beautiful, but you've seen it a million times already. Aren't you bored?"

"No, I don't think I ever could get bored of the sunset," I denied.

I gave a half-hearted smile and went down the hall to my room.

"Every sunset brings a new thought to my attention... Another simple thing to think about for hours on end. Maybe something to write about," I sighed, sitting down on my bed.

"And this time... All I can think about is that boy's eyes."