𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

★ 𝐀 𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐱 ★

'Living at the Wangshu Inn has been a good experience so far, especially since I get to interact with people when that used to be a rarity. Xiao has been good to me, as I predicted, so I've tried to give him everything I can in return. That's why today, I'm going to look for a spot to watch the lanterns for the Lantern Rite Festival. I want to experience it with him. I think... It'll be quite special. Wish me luck.'

I shut my journal and smiled, getting up from my desk and exiting my room. Xiao was waiting outside, leaning against the wall. I grinned before kissing his cheek excitedly. He averted his gaze in response, clearly embarrassed.

"Okay, let's go!"

We went to the balcony and he picked me up, jumping off the edge with me in his arms. I yelped before laughing afterward, enjoying the sensation of the wind thrashing against my skin. It stung a bit, but it was very lively. Soon enough, we arrived near the harbor and Xiao left to continue with his duties.

I considered looking in the actual city, but Xiao was likely right when saying that there would be people everywhere. It wasn't like I could reserve a random spot in the city for just us on the day. Instead, I decided to find a good spot outside where we could still get a good view of the lights. I wasn't sure where the lanterns would be released, so I had to ask, but once I knew it was fairly easy to find a spot. 

"This should be good," I said to myself with a proud smile. "Hm... What next? Oh, right, I need to start making food."

I knew I obviously had to make Almond Tofu, but were there any other foods that Xiao at least tolerated? At some point, I remember him saying that Almond Tofu was one of the only things he could stomach. I didn't want to make him sick, or to waste time making food for him that he wouldn't eat. I chose to go with just Almond Tofu for him. I just needed to decide on what I wanted.

I had no ideas, so I walked through Liyue, looking for ideas. I caught the smell of a delicious aroma as I passed by Wanmin Restaurant, so I decided to stop by. I stood at the front and a girl who seemed younger than me smiled from the other side of the counter.

"Hello, welcome to Wanmin Restaurant! How can I help you?" She asked.

"I'm not really sure," I admitted. "Do you have a recommendation?"

"Hm..." She hummed. "How good is your spice tolerance?"

"Uh, not great but I can handle spicy food," I answered.

"I've got just the thing! I'll have it ready in a moment!"

I wonder what it's going to be...

She set the bowl in front of me. It was some kind of soup, but it had quite a bit of meat in it. I didn't bother to ask what it was since I would've eaten it anyway and the surprise was exciting. It was a bit spicy, but not overwhelming. It was really good, actually!

"Woah!" I gasped as my eyes sparkled. "This is amazing! But... How much will this cost?"

She gave me the price and I sighed. I handed her the money and devoured the rest of the soup, enjoying the taste as it stung my tongue. I thought about it for a moment and decided to ask for a recipe so I could make it for myself. I doubted she'd give it to me, but it was worth a try.

"Um, could I get the recipe for this? I'd like to make it for myself sometime," I requested.

"Of course! You'll have to pay for it, though," she nodded. "600 mora!"

"Alright," I accepted, giving her the mora and taking the copy of the recipe.

I left the restaurant and headed back outside Liyue, quietly calling Xiao's name. I was hesitant to bother him again, but he did say to call him when I finished so that he could take me back to the Inn. I didn't feel like standing outside for another hour, wondering if I was interrupting something important. It was better to get it over with.

He suddenly appeared and picked me up, then in a flash, we were back on the Inn's balcony. I could barely comprehend what had happened, but I soon grew curious about why he seemed to be rushing so much.

"Xiao? Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine," he replied, placing me on my feet.

Immediately, he hugged me from behind and nuzzled into my neck gently. I was shocked by his actions, but I guessed that he missed me. I wonder if he felt that way every time he left to defeat monsters? I smiled and grasped his hand with my own, his warmth a comforting sensation.

"Well, I found us a place!"