𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

★ 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐧 ★

I stared at the crystalfly in my hands for a moment before setting it up in my hair. I sighed as the pounding inside my head became worse. I sat on my bed and hoped it would end soon. I felt sick, like I'd throw up at any second. I wasn't sure what was wrong with me or how I became ill, but I really didn't care. I just wanted it to stop. I laid down and Xiao entered the room, seeming calm until he noticed my labored breathing. He had a sense of panic in his eyes, but I didn't pay much attention to it at the time.

"Y/n, are you feeling alright?" He asked, rushing over and sitting on the side of the bed.

"I feel sick..." I groaned. "Like, really sick..."

I turned on my side, facing away from him, and he sighed. He stayed silent, rubbing my back with his palm for a minute before leaving, returning later with some soup and a cup of water. He helped me sit up and I sipped some of the water before eating a bit of the soup. My stomach was in complete pain.

"I'll head to the pharmacy to see if they'll have medicine for you," Xiao stated.

"Wait, can I go too...?" I requested.

"Why would you even ask that? No, you're sick."

"But I want to see Qiqi..."

"You can see her some other time-"

"Please~?"

"I'm not letting you out of your room. You could get people sick, or your condition could get worse."

"Fine," I accepted, not wanting anyone else to get sick.

"Good. I'll be back, love."

Did he just...?

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Later on, Xiao came back with liquid medicine that I was supposed to take in the mornings and during the night until I got better, which Baizhu predicted would be within the next two weeks. I had no clue how he'd know, but he was the doctor, so I had to trust him.

"I hate medicine..." I whined, staring at the bottle in Xiao's hand.

"You have to take it."

"But it's so gross..." I argued.

"Please just take it," he sighed. "Don't make me worry more than I have to."

"There's nothing to worry about anyway," I said. "I'm sure I'll be fine."

"Not if you don't take your medicine," he snapped.

"Fine, fine..."

"Thank you."

"Mhm..."

"Y/n..."

"Yeah?"

"You're not going to die anytime soon, are you?" Xiao asked, looking over to me with an emotion I'd never seen before. He was sad, worried, and scared.

"Of course not, what makes you ask that?" I replied.

"You seem... Very sick," he mumbled.

"You're... Worried about me dying?" I blinked, my heart feeling as if it were punched. He was cute, but I didn't want him worrying for no reason.

"Yes..."

"You're so precious," I smiled. "Y'know, if I could kiss you or at least hug you right now, I would."

"I don't get sick."

"Wait, really?"

"Yes."

I leaned forward in bed to reach him. I kissed his cheek and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a hug. He returned the embrace and I suddenly felt a rush of guilt overwhelm me for being stubborn about taking my medicine. He knew that I wouldn't get better if I didn't take it, and he was afraid I'd die. If I knew his thought process, I wouldn't have refused in the first place.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"It's fine..."

"I'm not gonna die, okay" I whispered, holding him tighter. "It's way too soon for me to die."

"I wish that day would never come..." He responded.

I pulled back and looked him in the eyes, placing my hand on his cheek, "Xiao, it's okay. You'll-"

He cut me off by pressing his lips against mine, which I didn't argue with. He pulled away after a few seconds and I waited for an explanation to why he interrupted me, but he didn't give me one.

"Let's not talk about that right now."

"Yeah," I grinned. "Let's live in the moment, hm?"

"Yeah... In the moment..."

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

After I'd recovered from my sudden sickness, I decided to treat Xiao to some almond tofu. I felt bad, knowing how much he worried. Plus, he always checked on me every hour or so, just to make sure I was alive. No matter what I told him, he insisted on checking frequently. It was sweet.

"Sadly, I didn't make it this time, but I paid for it," I said, handing Xiao the plate of Almond Tofu.

We were on the balcony, and the sun was setting. Another perfect mix of colors, sitting in the sky just for us. I leaned with my arms on the railing, admiring the view. Xiao also seemed to enjoy it, though he was more focused on the Almond Tofu than anything. Once he finished, however, he came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Oh, you're done already?" I asked.

"Yes. Thank you," he blessed.

"Anytime," I beamed, feeling him rest his head on my shoulder. "Watching sunsets with you is always pleasant."

"I agree."

"Kinda reminds me of when I first saw you," I mentioned. "Geez... Feels like years ago now."

"I never feel time passing," he commented, tightening his grip around me. "It's all the same to me."

"Yeah, I guess that's what happens when you live for thousands of years," I sighed. "It's pretty, though, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but nowhere near as beautiful as you. Especially with the crystalfly in your hair."

"I didn't expect you to be so cheesy. And to think you said no the first time I asked to watch the sunset with you," I chuckled, using my fingers to graze over the crystalfly.

"Well, I was right. There have been plenty of sunsets to watch with you," he pointed out.

"Yeah, you were definitely right."

The sun finally disappeared from view, signaling the closing of the day. I ended the day with Xiao embracing me, watching the sky as it watched me in return, waiting to see what else would happen in my story. Only time would tell. In reality, there was only one thing I wanted clearly. I just wanted to spend my life with Xiao.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

[END]