Chapter Eleven

"Ella." I can hear my name being called, but all I can see is black. "Ella, if you can hear me, please-just squeeze my hand. I did as i was requested, my eyes started to flutter open. "C-cody?" My voice sounded, weak, tired, and it cracked. "Right here Ella."

"Wh-what happened?" I asked looking around the hospital room. "Well, you got shot, i don't know when you blacked out but you did. George and I brought you here, the removed the bullet, and put you on meds to help the pain." He quickly replied to me.

"Your concert!!" I looked at him, did he miss his concert because of me? "Taken care of, you have been out for four days. From the medication, so i have been doing my concerts while your here."

He said looking at his hands. "It wasn't the same without you, so try not to get lost anymore." He said, earning a small smile from me.

"You hungry?" I asked, I looked at him head to toe. His eyes had black circles under them, he looked as if he hadn't eaten for awhile. "Uh, no. Thanks for asking though." He replied. "Go eat Cody." George was standing at the door, "I'll stay here. You go eat." Cody nodded and left to go get some food.

"How long?" "How long what?" "George, you know what I mean by how long! how long until he's last eaten." I said throwing my hands in the air. I heard George sigh, "Four days ago, when you had lunch with him before you were mugged."

I sighed. "Stupid stupid stupid! He needs to eat and sleep!" I yelled. "He refused to do anything until you were awake and healthy......" George said turning to leave the room. I rolled over on my side ready to go back to sleep. When I heard George say one last thing before he left.

"He cares about you. I hope you know that." He said before the door clicked shut.

Of course I know that. I know he cares for me. In a non boy friend girl friend way right?

I ignored those thoughts and closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

..........

I woke up to a soft knock on the door, "Come in." I mumbled. The pain medication was waring off and I could feel my arm starting to hurt. "I brought you blueberry muffins..... I know there your favorite." I heard Cody say. I sat up and looked at him.

"Thanks, I can use a muffin." I said taking it from him and taking a bite. "Cody- do me a favor?" I said in between mouth fulls. "Anything." He said, glancing at his food. "Eat. I know you haven't eaten for four days. Your upset about me, but I'm fine now." I said.

"Do you call almost dying fine?" He mumbled back at me. Was there something I missed? "What? Dying? I'm not dyi-" "You almost died, you lost a lot of blood from those two gun wounds." Two! "Two? I only got sho-" then I realized.

"You were shot in the arm and in the back, you almost died." He said near tears. "That's why you were out for three days, they had done surgery to remove the one in your back, they put you on sleep medication to help the pain." He said.

His words sunk in deep. "I-me? Dead?" I mumbled out. "Ella, if you died, it would've been my fault, I put you in danger." He said, I looked at him as it hit me hard, "I'm fine now, I'm alive I'm breathing." I said.

We stood in silence for five minutes before I pulled him down to meet my lips.

"I have said it before now...... But I want to tell you again. I love you Ella, even if we're not Ina relationship." He said planting another kiss on my forehead.

"Good night." He said before leaving me in my room. This is another Cinderella story, but am I ready to give up my shoe to my Prince Charming?

...........