CHAPTER ELEVEN!

"Girl Meets She Don't Like Me"

TJ learned at a young age that not everyone is going to like you

TJ learned at a young age that not everyone is going to like you. And he was okay with that...For the most part. He just wished his parents liked him a little bit more or at least acted like they did. TJ walks up the steps inside the school and stands beside Lucas, Farkle, Smackle, and Zay, surprised to see Maya on the floor holding an upset Riley in front of a wall of lockers.

TJ raises his eyebrows in confusion as he looks at the girls on the floor. "Okay, what happened?"

"Someone doesn't like Riley, my legs are asleep, we have Health class." Maya replied.

She unwraps her arms from Riley, letting Lucas pick her up and carry her over his shoulder to Health class. Maya reached her arms out to TJ, making grabby hands at him, which made him chuckle. He walked over to her and bent down. Putting his hands under her legs and back, he picks her up bridal style. Wrapping her arms around his neck, Maya smiled at him. He smiled back at her as he followed Lucas and Zay to the Health classroom.

Once they get to the classroom Lucas puts down Riley beside her desk and then went to his own desk. TJ then puts Maya down beside her desk, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek before he heads over to his desk, not noticing the somewhat surprised look and the light blush that dusted Maya's cheeks. TJ noticed that Smackle had dragged Farkle in by his feet, which he thought was odd.

After each of them sat down, TJ glances over at Riley and Maya when Riley speaks. "Maybe you're right." Riley said, turning in her chair to face Maya who sat behind her. "Maybe I can't control who likes me or not, but there's more to life, like Health class. I am so excited for this Health class."

TJ looks at the chalkboard, his eyes widening slightly when he saw the words 'Our Bodies Our Friends' written on the board. "Why would you ever be excited for Health class? Health class is scary." He mumbled, shaking his head.

"Yeah, I agree with TJ." Maya nods in agreement as she read the board out loud. "'Our Bodies Our Friends.' Yikes."

"Oh. I'm sure that the teacher's sensitive take on life will be a lovely way to learn how our bodies work." Riley smiled. She turns to the front, her eyes widening at the teacher, who was staring at her with his hands on his hips.

"Alright, all you creepy, little child-adults, settle down." The Health teacher, Mr. Fanuchhi, spoke to the class. "Let's get this over with, huh?"

When Riley raises her hand, Mr. Fanuchhi points at her. "Ugh. Put your hand down Sunshine." As he continues to speak, Riley lowers her hand. "You'll all pass no matter what. You know why? 'Cause if I fail ya, I gotta meet your parents. I don't want to meet your parents. I don't want to meet you. Alright, let's talk about your bodies."

TJ looks over at where Farkle sat in front of Lucas, his eyes widening when he suddenly falls out of his chair. Mr. Fanuchhi shrugs. "Yeah, I don't blame him."