CHAPTER TWELVE!

"Girl Meets Her Monster" 

It has been a few weeks since Lucas' parents got permission from TJ's parents to adopt him, and after a lot of paperwork, TJ is now TJ Friar

It has been a few weeks since Lucas' parents got permission from TJ's parents to adopt him, and after a lot of paperwork, TJ is now TJ Friar. TJ honestly is more than happy to be living with his new family. Lucas' parents' took him in with welcoming arms, treating him as if he had always been a son of theirs. That meant a lot to him since he was very nervous and anxious about how things were going to go.

It took a lot of getting used to since TJ lived in a big mansion and downsized quite a bit, but he was okay with it. He would be okay with nothing if he just had a family who loved him and cared about him. It's still a little weird to think of the fact that Lucas is his brother now. He got confused a bit at first when they went home together after school and had to remind himself they're brothers now. Having a brother was pretty great, and sure it was tough at times, but he wouldn't change it for the world.

TJ spent most of the weekend binge-watching this show called Red Planet Diaries along with Lucas. The season finale was premiering in soon, and they decided to binge-watch the series to prepare for the finale. Their parents also wanted them to have some brother bonding time so they thought binging the show together would be a win-win. They ended up not sleeping at all for the three days, and TJ had trouble keeping his eyes open today, but it was worth it.

TJ rests his head on his arms that lay on his desk, watching his teacher with raised brows. Cory sat on his desk, holding his knees up to his chest. He was rocking back and forth, muttering 'Very bad' over and over again.

"You!" Cory exclaimed when his daughter walked in along with Maya. He looks at Riley and Maya with a wide-eyed expression. "What did you do?"

Riley looks at him with wide eyes. "She called you?"

"She didn't have to." Cory replies, shaking his head. He looks up as a scared expression forms on his face. "I sensed it as soon as the sky turned black!" He looks back at the girls, pointing at Maya. "And you! How did you let this happen?"

Maya let out a nervous laugh, gesturing to herself and Riley. "People think we're friends?" She walks over to the front of the class. "Ha! People. Where do I sit?" TJ sits up, looking at her with furrowed eyebrows, when she walks over to him. Grabbing his arm, Maya pulls him up and then pushes him over to her seat. She sits down in TJ's seat. "I sit here now."

TJ chuckles lightly, shaking his head. "Maya, I'm not gonna be you now." TJ told her but still sat down at her desk.

Maya looks at him with a smile, waving a dismissive hand. "Oh, I think you'll be a great Maya."

"Riley," Lucas speaks up, gaining the brunette's attention. "Apologize to your mother and do whatever she asks."

"Yeah." Zay chimes in. "The finale's probably not even gonna be any good."

TJ scoffs. "That's obviously a lie. We all know that it's gonna be just as good as the rest of the show was."

Riley furrows her eyebrows. "You guys aren't even watching it?"