Chapter One

"And I was like, baby! Baby! Babay! ouuu! And I was like," Louie pointed towards Cody, signalling for him to take over.

"And I was like, Shut the, shut the, shut the fuck up!" Cody sang, changing the lyrics. Causing Louie to pout and cross her arms.

She grumbled and decided to turn off the radio.

"Justin Bieber's song slap. If you aren't going to appreciate them, let's talk instead," Louie smiled. Cody smiled back, glancing towards her for a moment.

"Talk about what?" Cody asked. Keeping his gaze on the long road ahead of them.

"The fact that it's been 2 years and we still haven't made our muffins," Louie chuckled, Cody joining in as well.

"We'll make some soon," He reassured, giving her a sweet smile. She grinned back.

---

Taking a road trip all around Lac St-Jean was not what they expected. It was always long road ahead of them, then stopping at a hotel for a few nights to enjoy a new place they visited. Absorbing the scenery and memories and then moving again.

It was very late and dark outside. They were near a forest, heading towards a new hotel. Cody and
Louie were extremely bored.

"My ass is numb,"
Louie groaned.

"Me too," Cody yawned.

"Do you love me?" Louie smiled widely, blinking her eyes innocently.

"I love you a lot," He simply answered. He was growing a little annoyed of his best friend's constant babbling after the third hour of driving.

Louie was about to go on another useless rant when Cody suddenly slammed into something, pushing his foot hard on the break.

The two friend's bodies lunged forward, their necks get burned by their seat belt.

"WHAT THE FUCK CODY!" Louie screeched, panting heavily.

"Holy shit! Are you okay?" Cody worried. Unbuckling his seat belt and scooting towards a frightened
Louie.

She nodded, taking deep breaths. Cody's gaze was still on her, concern she was injured. Louie wandered her eyes towards the road to see what they hit.

What lay in the middle of the road gave Louie shivers down her whole body.