Chapter Three

"They're... dead," she deadpanned. Cody didn't say anything, he just stood there. Staring at the bloody mess. His mind absolute blank.

*

They both decided to move the body out of the road. They tossed it on the edge of the tree line, right before entering the scary forest.

"This is so fucked up," Cody ranted. Rubbing his bloody hands on his jeans.

They went back to the car and parked it near the body. They needed to get out of anyone's way who would be passing through.

Cody turned off the engine once he was successfully parked on the grass, beside the road.

"Cody?" Louie asked quietly, reaching over to squeeze his motionless hand.

"What are we going to do?" He whispered, squeezing back.

"Call the cops?" She sighed, running her thumb over his knuckles.

He huffed shaking his head. He took a deep breath and looked at Louie with a serious look.

"We can't trust cops," he says sternly. Louie doesn't know what to respond. She just stares back back at him, nervously chewing at her bottom lip.

They look away, staying silent for multiple minutes. Suddenly, she gasps.

"We hide the body?" She worries. Pulling back her hand to rub over her stressed face.

He runs a hand through his long dyed blonde hair. Nodding his head and opening his car door. Louie mimicking his movements.

It was settled then... They were going to hide the body.