Chapter Four

It was settled then... They were going to hide the body.

*

"One,

Two,

Three!" They grunted. Throwing the dead body in the hole they had dug hours prior.

The body made a loud thud as it hit the cold dirt, 6... feet... deep.

The two friends looked each other, then the lifeless body. Unexpectedly... They smiled.

"Cody... Not to sound like a psycho but uhm, this is kind of fun. Yeah?" she laughs softly.

Cody mimicked her laugh. Slowly they become louder. Laughing maniacally.

"This is so fucked up! What have we done?" He laughed. Louie shakes her head cackling.

"I don't know!" She whispers/yells. Laughing in disbelief.

Suddenly all her laughter turns into sobs. Her knees crash on the forest ground, her whole body shaking. The warm tears just streaming down her face.

Suddenly she feels warm safe arms around her.

She hugs Cody back. Gripping at his sweater, soaking it up with her tears.

Cody has a few tears of his own stinging at his eyes.

"Shhh. It's okay... Why are you crying?" he consoles. Rubbing soft circles around her back.

She hiccups, not wanting to admit her next words.

"Because I feel like I want to bury another body... and watch the life drain out of their eyes," she murmurs into his chest. "Me too," he whispers.