Chapter Five

"Because I feel like I want to bury another body... And watch the life drain out of their eyes," she murmurs into his chest. "Me too," he whispers.

*

Once she's gathered all the items in Cody's trunk, she slammed it shut.

"It's like you're prepared to hide bodies," she chuckled, trotting back to the dug hole. Gasoline and matches in hand.

"Maybe it could be our new hobbie," he shook his head smiling.

Louie stood around, watching Cody dump gasoline over the corpse. The smell making their nostrils burn. It was quite humid in the forest, causing beads of sweat to trickle down their temples. Flies had also started gathering around the body.

They were just over it by now. They wanted to be in the hotel sleeping. So Louie had a few thoughts... How could she does this in a easier way? This time it would be rough, but if they ever did it again... she hoped to be more prepared.

"Pass me the matches," Cody request, reaching out his hand towards Louie.

"Can I lit a few too?" She asked, approaching the body. He nodded and agreed.

They both lit a match taking a deep breath.

Cody felt small fingers tickle his palm. He gladly opened his hand to grab Louie's.

"Now," he whispered.

And just like that... The hole was on fire. Beautiful flames threatening to spill over. Louie and Cody had the biggest, satisfied smiles on their face.