Homecoming

Hi guys! Most of what I have to say comes later, so if you've already read the first story, you can skip this author note.

If not, you should. This is a continuation of When The Past Becomes The Future, so...major spoilers are contained here.

Sigh...I hear you, I hear you. I don't wanna read an entire 85,175-word story! I just wanna start here! Okay then. I'll give you a brief synopsis.

Rocky has been having nightmares at night of his former life. He had been abused severely by a man named Jason Wright and escaped from him years ago. Zuma hears him one night and calms him down. The following morning, Rocky explains to him the torture he was forced to go through because of Jason, and only tells him, as he is Rocky's best friend.

The same day, they go on a mission to save Captain Turbot, as a hurricane is brewing. The outcome of the mission is mixed, as they save Turbot, but Rocky and Zuma are lost to sea. Washed up on an abanded island, the two find a secret chamber that is unlocked when Rocky places his puptag in the slot carved into its entrance. There, Rocky's double separates from him, who is calling himself Michael. He explains to Rocky how he really is, a demigod with the power of his father, Meres. He then gives Rocky a gift, the power locked away in him, and their father's amulet, the only thing in the world strong enough to contain Rocky's powers and keep him from destroying the world.

Rocky and Zuma leave the island, courtesy of Rocky's newfound powers, and make it home. They lie about the entire thing, wanting to keep it under wraps. They are taken to a hospital, which is blown up by Jason, in an attempt to murder Rocky. He is unknowing of Rocky's new powers, and his plan fails. Unfortunately, Rocky has to use his powers in front of everybody, and someone takes a video. The FBI begins looking for Rocky, as they believe he started the fire. Rocky, panicking, blames it on Copycat, framing him, and Chase sends him off to jail.

Rocky and Zuma grow closer during this time, and they are convinced they having feelings for each other. When Jason leaves a note at the bombing addressing Rocky, the pups train under Marshall for months until they are proficient in Pup-Fu, and have begun to learn Pupjitzu, the night ending with Zuma and Rocky confessing their love for each other. Jason has Rocky's former best friend in captivity, and the guilt of running out on him is wearing at Zuma's mind. Zuma calms him down though, and Rocky gets a lead on where Jason is through a man he hired, Daniel Goode.

The Paw Patrol turns into Undercover Paw and breaking into multiple buildings to steal information. When Rocky gets a major breakthrough, he leaves, almost by himself, to pursue it. He and Zuma are trapped and gassed, with the Paw Patrol being trapped next. They wake up in Jason's new facility, and he tortures them for months. Luckily, with the assistance of Michael, Rocky's celestial doppelganger, they are freed, but not before Jason shoots Rocky dead.

But, as Rocky was part divine and part mortal, he was allowed to choose to come back to earth, resurrected by the Bolt of Meres. Rocky tells the pups who he really is, and they don't take it too well. Rocky and Zuma find a way off the mountainside, the pups hitch a ride back to Adventure Bay. The tracks are bombed, but Rocky has a vision of it and the super pups save the day just in time. Rocky fixes the tracks, and they are back on the way to Adventure Bay. Rocky has been struggling with feelings of worthlessness, and depression the entire time, but with Zuma's help, he lets go of his poisonous feelings.

Phew!

I still recommend reading, When The Past Becomes The Future for the whole story though. It's worth it.