Marcus's Power

"Chase, buddy?" Chase heard a voice behind him and whirled around, angry.

"What do you want, Marshall." Chase snapped at him. "I thought I told everypup to leave me alone!"

Chase...we're best friends, right?" Marshall said.

"I'm not your friend." Chase spat. Marshall looked visibly hurt.

OH, was that really necessary? Chase asked.

No, but it's fun to hurt you guys. You all will spend the rest of your worthless lives paying for stealing my property.

"Talk to me. This isn't you, I know it isn't. At first, I was determined not to talk to you, or do anything with you. I hated you. Well, for a hot minute. But now, looking back on it all, I was just upset. You don't act like this. You've never been like this. And as your best friend, I'd know. So tell me, what's going on?" Chase opened his mouth to tell him, but then he felt an excruciating pain in his mind. No, don't do that, Chase. Jason told him.

"It's none of your business."

"Chase...stop shutting us all out. Something is wrong with you, something is wrong with your mind. Ever since we escaped from Jason, you've been acting weird. Are you still trying to get your mind back? It did take a long time for Jason to leave you alone, so we will understand if you need some space to become yourself again.

Stupid pup. He thinks I left. I never did.

I know that, bitch. Chase replied.

"Just leave me alone, before I hurt you as well!" Chase barked at him, showing his fangs.

"You'd never hurt me," Marshall said.

"Yes, I would," Chase replied, springing to his paw and knocking Marshall over.

"What are you doing?!" Marshall shouted at him.

"You test my patience, pup. Go away, or I will hurt you worse than I hurt Zuma!"

"No! You're gonna tell me what's going on!" Marshall shouted. "I've had enough of this drama! You obviously are not yourself, and I am going to find out why today! I won't lose you. Not my best friend. Not my brother! I'll be out here all day if I have to be!" Marshall jumped up and kicked Chase in the stomach, sending him flying.

"So you want to fight do you?" Chase asked.

"No, I don't!" Marshall said. He began crying. "I don't want to do this, but I will if I have to!"

Chase came back, flying at him faster than a speeding bullet. Marshall was still prepared and tripped him before he got close enough, sending him sprawling in the dirt. He was not prepared, however, for a lightning bolt to come from the sky and knock him flat. Chase was upon him in a moment, claws drawn. Marshall sprang back to his paws, having a great pain tolerance, stamina, and endurance, to name a few. He fought paw to paw with Chase.

"Now, I'm going to tear your heart about, and bury it in the backyard!" Chase shouted. "Just let me get close enough!"

This is all just a game to you, isn't it? All you want is division and pain to rule!

Shut up, Chase. I'm enjoying the show.

What are we, television!?

Yep.

"Tell me! Stop fighting me!" Marshall yelled at him.

"Shut up!" Chase shouted back.

"Will you just listen for once?" Marshall cried. Marshall saw something in Chase's eyes flicking. What's going on with him?! Then, the look was gone, and Chase went back to his murderous persona. His claws struck out, and he tore a long gash down Marshall's side.