Knowledge

Zuma was soon asleep, but Rocky found that he could not. He licked Zuma's ears absentmindedly, his mind already figuring out what he was gonna do in the morning. Suddenly, his ears swiveled to the left and Rocky heard soft...paw steps. Hmph. If Chase thinks he's gonna come back and hurt Zuma again, my boyfriend, he's got another think coming! I'll tear him limb from limb before he lays a paw on my Zumi. Rocky thought, growling possessively, curling around Zuma just a bit tighter.

"Chase, you better leave right now, or I'm going to tear you to pieces!" Rocky shouted. "I've had just about enough, and I'm not taking any more of it!"

"Whoawhoawhoa! Rocky, it's me, Marshall! Calm down, don't kill me!" Rocky stopped growling and cocked his head.

"Marshall?" he asked. The light of the fire finally reached the stealthy pup, and Marshall emerged from the shadows.

"No one could find you, but I knew immediately where you were," Marshall said.

"Oh...yeah..." Rocky said. "It's nice here, very private."

"I know, that's why I like it so much. It's hardly changed since we left."

"I know right? It seems like forever, but it's only been sixty-three days." Rocky said. "Did anyone follow you, or know where you went?"

"No. I said I was going to take a walk. Everyone was fine with that." Marshall said. "Listen, dude, I'm really sorry for what happened. I don't know what's going on with Chase. He began crying, but when I asked him what was wrong, he told me to go away or he'd beat me up as well. I don't know what's going on. Also, Taja's really worried about Zuma."

"Taja's really worried about Zuma." Rocky mouthed to himself in a whiny, bitchy voice silently. Marshall didn't notice. He looked at Zuma and 'awwed' softly. Rocky smiled.

"He's okay now, right?" Marshall asked.

"Yeah...the little guy will be fine now," Rocky said, kissing his nose and nuzzling his neck lovingly, not caring that Marshall was watching. Zuma made contented noises in his throat. Marshall seemed...a little shocked at Rocky's actions.

"What....what was that?" Marshall asked.

"I don't know..." Rocky replied absentmindedly. "I'm just...happy around him."

"But why are you being so...protective of him?" Marshall asked.

"I don't want Chase to hurt him again," Rocky replied not liking where this was going.

"But...sounded so possessive...almost territorial." Rocky winced.

"No I...wasn't..." he said weakly.

"You were being possessive of Zuma, I heard it!" Marshall said confidently. "And how do you explain your position around him, then?" Rocky blushed and realized that he could not deny the facts. He tried to uncurl from Zuma, but he whimpered and held onto Rocky's pelt, trying to pull him back.

"Don't...don't leave me..." he whined. Rocky couldn't do it and he resumed his position around Zuma quickly, licking his ears.

"No...I won't leave you. Calm down, Zumi." Rocky said.

"Leave you? Zumi?!" Marshall exclaimed. Rocky winced.

Please don't put it together...please don't put it together... Zuma mewled and licked Rocky's neck. Rocky couldn't help but lick him back.

"Ummm...Marshall...I don't know how to tell you this..." Rocky said.

"You have feelings for Zuma!" Marshall shouted, cutting to the chase. Rocky was completely blindsided, though expecting the accusation, he had no idea how to answer it.