Chapter One; Page Two

Ch.1, Pg. 2 

    When Eugene opened his eyes. In front of him, waiting just behind the door frame, was a girl about his age who was wearing layers upon layers of loose cloaks, and a singular loose hood hanging off her smooth hair.

Not only were her clothes extensive, but she also had at least seven different- sized satchels hanging off her shoulders.

And, oh boy, she was really pretty.

Like- really pretty.

The girl had shiny beige-ish short hair, and sharp but delicate facial features. Porcelain, pale skin, that looked soft to the touch. And long, equally as pale, eyelashes that accented her striking eyes.

Eugene almost felt his heart skip a beat as she moseyed into the room towards him, the heels of her steel-toe boots clicking.

“Apologies for the intrusion..” She murmured, shooting him a cold gaze with her piercing magenta eyes. “- but I was told that you are the only full Majin in this family.” She stared straight at him, as if trying to cut him open with only her eyes.

 Eugene gulped nervously. 

Oh no.

Eugene didn’t have any prior experience talking to another girl that wasn’t one of his sisters - and being a pre-teen that was going through intense hormonal changes - he not only was extremely attracted to this young beautiful majin, he was also extremely awkward and was not prepared for this kind of intrusion at all. 

“I- Uh-” 

“I assume your stammering means, yes.” She quickly moved on from the subject, her gaze then shifting to survey him. “Your parents had already notified me of your abilities, you can communicate with small Animals, correct?” 

Eugene Gale, being the awkward person he was, his voice remained caught in his throat and all he could do was nod with his jaw hung open and his eyes wide.

He must’ve looked like an idiot- not that he already didn’t look like one, but with the combination of his crooked glasses sliding down his nose bridge and his hilariously starstruck face, his idiotic-ness was amplified. And he found himself stuck to his position on the floor, his butt and hands completely planted onto his rug.

The young lady in front of him didn’t seem to mind though, since she just nodded back at him and continued to unbuckle and unstrap her collection of satchels off her shoulders, for Eugene to watch them all drop to the floor with audible ‘thunks’ and ‘clunks’.

She left one to carefully place onto his bedside table, a white medium-sized bag that was just about as big as her forearm.

“By the way my name is Sieun, but I’d prefer it if you’d call me ‘Gray’. I’ll be your magic instructor from now on.”

Gods, even her name is pretty.