Chapter One; Page Six

Ch. 1, Pg. 6

Eugene stared at her, dumbfounded and red-faced at her odd proposal- yet she only stood in the doorway of the back house awaiting his answer with pointed eyes. She was completely expressionless, like it was no big deal to bathe together in a barrel tub that was no more than 45 inches wide- but HOW was this NOT a big deal? An almost teen boy, and an almost teen girl taking a bath together completely naked, like, very completely naked. 

Eugene couldn’t believe what he was hearing, so he just stood there completely flabbergasted, his glasses even tilted off his nose bridge on their own to emphasize his shock.. Were all the girls in Byuksan like this? Desensitized to nakedness, especially nakedness of the opposite gender? If so, Eugene couldn't help but think it to be a little bit questionable.

Perhaps it was a Majin thing that Eugene wouldn’t know since he was the only full Majin in his family. After All, he didn’t grow up in central Byuksan like Gray did. So the chances of Gray’s chillness to the concept of nakedness could’ve been a product of her origins as a full blood Byuksan Majin.

Nevertheless, It was still super weird.

“B-Bathe together!?” Eugene whisper-shouted, and Gray raised a brow.

“Yes, together.” She confirmed, staring him dead in the eyes. 

‘Oh no, she’s not joking.’ Not like Gray would be the type to joke around like that, but the idea that she had even thought of it was a joke in itself. Eugene flinched when he found himself staring back into her gaze and uselessly surveyed his surroundings- a habit he’d picked up from Eleanor when she’d lie- except Eugene wasn’t lying. He was just nervously grasping at words to reply with, while under Gray’s intense scrutinizing gaze.

Must be the power of an A class Majin.

“My apologies, are you perhaps insecure about your… junk?” Gray asked, tilting her head to the side curiously.

Um, okay, wow.

It would’ve been cute if Eugene hadn’t felt like vomiting from confusion, which he thankfully avoided. Still flabbergasted, Eugene just looked back at her with a dumb, clueless face; feeling like a small dog at the mercy of a snake. A way too intense description for the situation he was in, but in his mind it was alarmingly accurate. 

Snapping out of his brain fart, he jumped a little bit and shook his head. “No, I-I just- are you really okay with that!? You know, since you’re a girl- and, and i’m a boy! That kind of thing would be kind of weird!.” As he was saying this, his face became redder and he felt a bead of sweat make its way down his neck.

And Gray, in response, only stood there eerily still; except instead of the calm and slightly intimidating face she had before, she was now full-on glaring lasers with all the hatred of the two suns directed straight into his skull. There was a minute of silence between the two of them, the heat making it unbearable for Eugene, before Gray turned her back on him and slammed the backhouse door in his face.

From the other side of the door Gray said to Eugene with a muffled voice.

“I’m not a girl.”

And then Eugene heard the creaking sound of the tap, and running water hitting the bath floor. It took awhile for Gray’s words to actually hit Eugene’s brain, but when it did, Eugene just stood there feeling like he'd just got sucker-punched in the gut.

‘Oh’

‘So, she’s not a she, but actually a he’

Oh’

    Eugene felt that he just made a big mistake.