Chapter One; Page Three

Ch. 1, Pg. 3

    “Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.”

    Eugene sat in the grass watching Gray perform her incantation, her finger pointing straight into the open grassfield behind the Gale estate.

It took a beat of silence for the spell to actually take into effect. First, Eugene noticed a small zap of energy come from Gray’s finger tip, then before he knew it, that small bout of energy started to grow into a ball of magenta electricity. And when the ball was about the size of Gray’s fist, she finally discharged it with a flick of her thumb, letting the ball shoot out into the field with an impressive speed.

“Woah!” Eugene stood up in bewilderment.

    “Alright, now you try.” She replied, turning to him expectantly.

Gray left her spot and, in turn, let Eugene walk up to the center of the field.

Thankfully, she didn’t fully leave his side to assess his performance from the sidelines, and instead kept close behind him. This gave Eugene a sense of relief, knowing that if anything were to go wrong she’d be right behind him to save him from any kind of dangerous situation.

Feeling somewhat confident, he pointed his finger straight in front of him, aiming towards the open grass field. Eugene waited there, trying to ready his mind and body for the incoming surge of energy. And finally, he took a deep breath and opened his mouth to repeat the incantation.

    “L-lorem ipsum dolo-dolor s-sit am-met.”

    Okay.

    So maybe he butchered the spell just a tiny bit.

    Squeezing his eyes shut in fear, he continued to wait for that feeling of energy rushing through his body and braced himself for the recoiling tension of when he finally lets go of his charged mana. But after a while, he noticed that the spark he was waiting for just wasn’t occuring, and so he opened his eyes.

Which was a big mistake, on his behalf.

There it was- a gigantic chaotic ball of terrifying magenta electricity stemming straight from his fingertip. And like any inexperienced dweeb learning true magic for the first time, Eugene absolutely freaked out.

He yelped and fell backwards, ultimately, accidentally flinging that destructive ball into the sky, aiming straight towards his family estate. Once again, thank the archangels that Gray was there. If it weren’t for her, his room would’ve probably been completely obliterated and Eugene would’ve been charged for murder at the age of fourteen.

Lying on his back in shock, Eugene saw Gray open one of her Satchels- The white one, to be exact. And as if the gigantic ball of energy wasn’t already shocking, Gray pulled an entire living white mamba out of her satchel and proceeded to chuck it right at the raging magenta.

It almost felt like Eugene was in slow motion, his eyes following the snake as it flew straight over his head.

The snake, as if it already caught the gist and knew what it had to do, slowly opened its mouth and revealed its fangs with a loud hiss then proceeded to disappear into the speeding ball of electricity.