3

Leigh sighed as she laid in bed with Max. He has spent the night. He looked at Leigh and smiled. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Leigh nodded and sighed. "I'm okay. It's just a mess. I mean at the school. You really have left the place in a mess after all that happened. And everyone is trying to forget you. But I can't," Leigh said.

Max smiled. "I never wanted this Leigh. You should know that," he said.

Leigh nodded and looked at him. "I do. It's just a mess Max. And I don't know what to think. I'm trying my best. But it's hard," Leigh said.

Max nodded. "I know. And I'm trying to make it up to you. You know that right?" Max said as Leigh placed a hand on his cheek. He leant in and kissed her.

Leigh sighed. "I guess. But you need to reach out to Mia. Everyone is blaming her and it's not fair on her. She doesn't deserve this. She deserves a hell of a lot better," Leigh said.

Max looked to her and nodded. "I know. I'll sort it. I promise. Just look after yourself and our baby," he said as Leigh smiled and nodded.

****

Leigh got to work and looked to see Mia. She smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" Leigh asked.

Mia looked to her and sighed. "I don't know. Tom and I are having issues. And I'm sick. I'm sick of the dirty looks every time I walk into a room. I just feel so sick of it. Max is my brother and I still love him. Even if he hasn't spoken to me since he left. But I didn't do this. I'm just sick of it all," Mia said as Leigh smiled.

Leigh felt bad. She knew that she was still secretly seeing Max. And she hated to see how difficult things were with Mia. Mia was her best friend and she hated it. "I know it's hard. But you're my best friend. And I'm here for you. We're going to get over this Max drama. And it's not your fault Max did what he did. They will get over it. And whatever happens with Tom, sort it. You're both too good for each other.

****

Leigh sat in her classroom. She smiled as she saw Rachel who walked in. She looked at her. "Hello love. How are you?" Rachel asked.

Leigh smiled as she looked at her mum. "I'm okay. I'm just tired," Leigh said.

Rachel nodded. "I know that you're pregnant. And going through a lot. But I'm here for you. You're not alone. I know that you're keeping the baby. But that is the only connection we need to Max Tyler. And it's not like he knows," Rachel said as Leigh looked to her and smiled.

She knew that Max did know. Not knowing how much longer she could lie for. Especially knowing that she and Max had been seeing each other.  And how he was still very much a big part of her life.