4

Leigh sat in the flat with Max as she had a hand on her bump. Max looked to her and smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" Max asked.

Leigh smiled and nodded. "I'm fine. I'm just tired. That's all," she told him.

Max smiled as he looked to her smiled. "That's natural of course. I know that I've let you down. But I'm going to talk to Mia. And try to sort it. I know that a lot of people blame me. But one good thing is happening that is her and Tom aren't that strong. I told her he's not good enough for her," Max said.

Leigh frowned as she looked to him. "Don't go there Max. I know you don't like him. But she loves him. Don't make her choose. She will choose him and you can't say anything about it. Your own parents aren't talking to you because of it. Mia is a good person. And she doesn't want you to lose everything. Please. If you love me, and you love this baby, you will do it for me. Make this up to her. Okay?" Leigh asked.

Max looked to her and smiled. He kissed her. "Okay. I'll sort it. I promise," he said as he pulled her close and kissed her again.

****

Leigh got to work and smiled as a she saw Mia. "Hey! Are you okay?" She asked as she took a sip of her hot chocolate.

Mia looked to her and sighed. "I'm fine. Max said he wants to talk. And I just don't know. I mean it's hard. Me and Tom have just worked it out. And I think it will only make things harder. But he is my brother. I just don't know," Mia said.

"I know. I know it's hard. But you can make it work. You know Max loves you. And he's trying to put things right," she told her.

Mia nodded as she looked at her. "I know. It's hard. And I love him. I do. But it's Max. And I want you to be careful too. As you're my best friend. I'll do anything for you. And you're having his baby after all. I'll see what Max has to say. As long as you're careful too," Mia said.

Leigh grinned as she looked to her. "I will be. I promise. I know it's hard. But I do want to try with Max. And my mum can't know. Not yet. I know how she'll react," Leigh told her.

Knowing it was a big mess. And knowing just how things were going to kick off once Rachel found out she and Max were still a thing.

****

Leigh sat in her classroom. She looked to see Rachel as she walked in. She smiled. "Hey love. I just wanted to see how you were doing? I feel like I hardly see you," Rachel said.

Leigh smiled. "I'm okay mum."

"I know it's hard. With Max gone. But you don't need him. You have everyone around you who loves you. And it's not your fault. You may be having his baby, but you don't need him. It'll be okay," Rachel said as Leigh smiled.

Leigh knew it was hard to keep the fact she was still seeing Max. But how long could she keep it a secret for?