Chapter Two.

January 13, 2012 3:00 PM.

England walks into the World Meeting and sits down at the long table. He sighs. He is the first one there. He walks up to the chalkboard and begins to doodle small bunnies with wings and faeries. The door creaks open slowly, and America walks in, holding his side. England turns around and looks at him. It's still an hour until the World Meeting starts, why is America here so early? England thinks, watching Alfred stumble to his place at the table. He drops into his chair, gasping in pain. England walks over to him worriedly. America's head lolls, but he still holds his side. He gasps and starts to fall over. England cries out and reaches over, steadying America. His glasses slide of his face as he cracks open one eye to look at the British man standing in front of him.

"America! Are you alright?" Arthur asks.

"I-I'm fine." America says, righting himself. He smiles weakly. "Why is nobody here?"

"The meeting isn't for another hour you bloody git!"

"Oh... Well, I'll just come back in an hour." America says, pushing himslef to his feet with greeat effort, he limps out of the big room. England walks behind him.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Great." He smiles.

"You bloody liar! What the hell is wrong?" He questions urgently.

"Nothing Iggy. I'm fine."

As soon as the words leave his lips, Alfred falls to the ground, gasping.

"Alfred!" Arthur cries, dropping to the groun next to America. He pulls America into a sitting position.

"Iggy..." America sighs, his hand falling away from his side. The British man gasps, staring at the blood seeping through America's shirt and jacket.

"Bloody hell! What happened?"

America goes limp in England's embrace, his eyelids closing.

"What? What happened? America?" England says, shaking America. When he doesn't move, England picks him up in his arms. He runs to his car and sets the hamburger-loving man in the backseat. Then, he hops over the side of his convertible and speeds all the way back to London, thanking the heavens the meeting was only a half an hour from his place when he drove slow.

When they reach Arthur's house, he grabs America and carries him to one of his guest bedrooms. He awkwardly pulls Alfred's shirt up and wraps gauze around it. Then, he pulls the covers over the unconcious man and sits in a chair next to him, staring worriedly at America.

January 30, 2012, 1:00 PM/

America's eyelids flutter open. He sits up. He's in a strange room. The last thing he remembered, he was at the World Meeting and England was yelling at him over something. He looks over and sees a clock. It says it's almost 2:00. He jumps up and stretches, then feels something weird on his chest. He pulls his shirt up, revealing white gauze. He remembers what happened.

"Oh, man..." He says, then shrugs. "Well, I feel better now!" He unwraps the gauze from his body and drops it on the floor. Then, he opens the door. A farmiliar british accent drifts up the stairs to him. America cracks up, realizing England is singing. He walks down the stairs and into the kitchen, where England is making a bowl of soup.

"Yo! What does a person gotta do for a hamburger around here!" America yells, walking over to the fridge and searching the compartments. Something clatters to the ground, shattering into a million tiny peices, and then, someone jumps on America's back and tackles him to the floor in a tight hug.