The meeting

Y/n pov

"Get back here you theif!". She screamed. "No get away from me you a**hole!". I screamed back.

I lived in District two. Our district had the legacy of being a Career district even though only about 50 children were in the program. I wasnt one of them. I think the Hunger Games is a stupid way of punishment, but no one would ever define the Capitol. Right now I was being chased down the main road by a girl. I knew that she was chasing me because I had stolen a bag from of her back thinking it was food, because me and my mother were hungry. We werent rich and barely had enough to survive on, so this amount of food would last a month. I was trying to get far enough home so she wouldnt follow me but i made a stupid turn and ended up behind some shops. She chased behind the building and shoved me againest the wall. "Give it back!" "Finders keepers!" I said. "Give it back i need it." Said the other girl. "Why?" I said with a smirk. "B-b-because, i just do!" She said. "Whatever here." As she grabbed the bag and started to walk of, she turned around and asked "Whats your name?" "Y/n, yours?" "Clove. Nice to meet you." She said with a wink. I was in shock. Had she just winked at me?! The beutiful girl winked at me! Wait calm down, i'm straight! Right? Quickly I yelled out "BYE Clove!"

Clove pov
Pull yourself together Clove, you are not attracted to her. Your not even sure shes into girls. But all i want to do is kiss those soft lips will staring into her beutiful (your colour) eyes. OMG! Sh*t i completely forgot i had to be a the training centre. As i began to run i heard y/n yell but i couldnt hear what she said. When i got to the training centre my parents where there waiting for me. They said because im late i have to add on 3 hours of practice and they slapped the back of my head as they walked away. Well shit. I was hopping i could tell Cato about my encounter today with y/n. I had a feeling he liked me but he would always deny it. I would never be attracted to him. I know hes my best friend and people said that we'd be perfect but i just dont see him as my future.

If you read this thank you. This is the first book ive ever written so give some feedback if you want!