hearts

march 20th 2013

"LOUIS!" Liam yelled, throwing a pillow after Louis, who was running towards his room after successfully pouring a bucket of ice water down Liam's back. Louis could hear Liam running after him, most likely with a full battalion of water bottles at the ready. Not that he was complaining. The apartment had felt empty since Harry had moved in with Taylor, Niall was playing football most of the time with some lads from school, Zayn was at Mia's most of the time, and Liam was usually trying to find a job, and taking care of his parents. He really wanted to be a coach, but no schools or clubs seemed to need one. Which left Louis feeling very alone, basically just living with Niall with an apartment made for five.

It seems our quintet is down to two, he thought miserably, staring at the sweater Harry had given him, the only thing folded in a pile of clothes thrown around the room. He was stuck in the replay of december third, until Liam dumped to bottles of water. From there it didn't take to long for Louis to fill a bowl to the rim and toss it on Liam, almost causing his death.

                                                                             ~

louis walked down the street, sweater in one hand, a letter in the other. The sweater was going to a certain person, the letter was going in a mailbox. If louis didn't throw it away. The day was nice, not raining for once, which louis took as a good sign,

He arrived at princess park manor, where taylor and harry lived, roses surrounding the doorway. louis walked up to the door, knocking as loud as he could. harry answered the door, a grin spread across his face, making the corners of his eyes crinkle, causing louis to wish he had been braver sooner as he saw taylor behind him, an engagement ring on her left hand.

"louis!" harry said, "how are you doing?"

"Good, good. Just wanted to bring this back to you," louis said, as he handed back the gray sweater, "I kept forgetting to bring it with me."

The truth was that he had warn it almost everyday until it had stopped smelling like harry did.

harry laughed, "Thanks, lou. I had forgotten I had even given it to you."

"Yeah, well, there it is. Congratulations, by the way." He said, feeling his heart twist and butterflies burn in his stomach.

"Thank you!" taylor said, beaming.

"Well, I should probably get going. I told Niall I'd get a game of footiee in with him today."

"Alright, lou. Come again soon, please. It feels like forever since we've talked."

louis grinned without feeling it, and said, "We talked just a few seconds ago, miss me already?"

He walked down to his car, crumpling the letter in his hand, not waiting for harrys response, feeling like he needed a smoke, driving his car a few blocks before stopping at the side of the road, getting out of his car and puking into a trashcan, not wanting his heart to be hurt ever again.

                                                                        ~

A/N: this is the end of the story. yeah. 

Selah out xx