gordie lachance

gordie and y/n try to establish who they are to each other through the years

he/him pronouns for this one cause its 100% a self indulgent thing as someone whos mlm with a huge crush on wil wheaton

12 yrs old

"hey gordie?" you called, looking over to your longtime friend gordie lachance. gordie looked over when his name was called.

"do you think we'll still be friends even when we're in high school?" gordie looked at you incredulously wondering what could possibly be running through your mind to make you ask such a thing.

"of course we will y/n, nothings gonna change that. youre my best friend." you gave him a small smile at the last few words and looked out the window again.

"yeah, definitely." you gave a halfhearted chuckle. "what was i thinking."

15 yrs old

15 yrs old

"ey gordo!!" you yelled up to the treehouse, gordies head popping out the window a moment later. you smiled brightly at him. "anybody else up there with you?" you questioned.

gordie got a mischievous smirk on his face and shook his head. "just me, come on up y/n i got somethin great this time swear it." you chuckled at his antics and made your way up the ladder and into the treehouse.

"whatcha got for me this time lachance?" you questioned sitting down next to him and starting to relace your shoes which had come untied during your trek from your house to the treehouse. you looked up at gordie only to snort at what he was holding.

"a nudie mag lachance?" you questioned, holding back your laughter when you saw the look on his face that made you believe that he thought it was the coolest thing ever.

"yeah, i mean come on l/n i snatched it from chris who snatched it from his dad neither of them are gonna even realize its missing." he explained with an exasperated tone as he leaned against you and started to flip through the magazine.

you paused, unintentionally holding a breath at how close he was. his elbow rested on your thigh as his head rested against your chest. you begged and prayed to whatever god there was out there that you wouldnt pop a boner.

but that failed.

gordie shifted slightly, his elbow grazing the wrong spot and that was all it took. "OH kay uh are you sure we should be looking at this?" your words rushed out faster than ever before as you pushed your shirt down over your lap the second gordie sat up.

this time it was gordies turn to laugh as he tossed the magazine onto the crate the boys used as a table. "wow you really dont ever look at this stuff do you?" you looked away and shook your head no.

"i dont like them." you muttered. gordie furrowed his brows at you, confused. you huffed and stood up opening the hatch and leaving the treehouse quickly, leaving a very confused gordie behind.

 you huffed and stood up opening the hatch and leaving the treehouse quickly, leaving a very confused gordie behind

17 yrs old

"hey l/n?" you looked up at gordie from his desk as he laid on his bed, the two of you were studying for an important test. he was looking you in the eyes for once so it mustve been something big.

"yeah lachance?" you slightly furrowed your brows, giving him your full attention as you turned your body in the chair.

"how come youve never had a girlfriend?" he questioned, slightly sitting up as you tensed. youd been dreading the day one of the boys asked about your relationship status that had stayed the same since fifth grade when you had your first kiss with ali mills. you immediately broke up with her afterwards.

you stopped trying to think up a lie that didnt include the fact that you just didnt like girls. "i dont know i guess i just havent found the right person." you shrugged and tried to turn back to the book you were trying to memorize.

"yknow now that i think about it ive never even seen you show an interest in any girl. ive never even seen you kiss anyone since fifth grade y/n. how come." he questioned, sitting up crisscrossed facing you.

you groaned. "i dont know gordo i just havent been interested none of them really catch ny eye." you shook your head and buried your attention back into the book until gordie said three words that made you freeze up.

"what about guys?" he was so quiet you were surprised you heard him but you did. you took a deep breath and closed your eyes.

when you opened them back up you turned to gordie who was looking at you like he just poked a snake and now it was ready to come at him. "im no faggot lachance." your words tasted like venom on your tongue but you didn't take them back even after seeing the almost discouraged look on his face.

he cleared his throat and looked back down at the paper he was writing. "uh yeah, of course." he let out a forced chuckle. "what was i thinking." you grumbled and clenched your fist.

gordon lachance was your best friend since the first grade, your closest confidant, and the love of your life ever since you were both 13 years old. if you couldnt open up to him with who you liked how would you tell anyone else.

"gordie." you were quiet but just loud enough to catch his attention and make him look up at you. "what.." you sighed. "what if i did like a guy. what then." you saw a spark light in gordies eyes and a small smile made its way onto his face.

"id tell you that i like one too." your eyes widened and you practically choked on air, gordie immediately rushing to your side and patting your back while laughing a bit.

"youre serious?" you questioned once you caught your breath again and he nodded softly. "who?" you questioned before immediately backtracking. "you dont have to answer that im sorry."

he cut you off. "its ok l/n. um.." he stopped. "its um, its you." he whispered. you heard. your lips parted slightly as you stared into his eyes. you decided to make a brash decision and stood up quickly, gently resting your hand on his cheek and pressing your forehead against his own.

"can i kiss you lachance?" you asked. he nodded slightly, the same expression on his face as yours. a dazed look in his eyes and lips slightly parted as he moved his closer to try and close the gap. you finally did, kissing the boy youd wanted to kiss for five years.

and you never regretted doing that.