Ch.5: Feel Alive.

Song: Space Bound - Eminem.

The next day, Gabriel hears a knock on the door.

“Prince Nathanael, breakfast is almost ready and the princess is waiting in the garden”

Gabriel gets up from his bed and wakes the prince up.

“Your highness”

The prince grumbles and opens his eyes “What?”

“We are require to go with the princess”

Nathanael laughs “Don’t think that I have forgot about it” he sits up “I’m going to spend time with the princess, you have a date with Allura” he yawns as he stretches.

“Prince Nathanael, I’m obligated to stay by your side”

“Nonsense” he stands up “I’m just going to be with the princess, besides, I’ll need an alone time with her if things escalates” he nudges his friends with his elbow.

Gabriel rolls his eyes as Nathanael laughs.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Gabriel rested his back against the wall as he watched the chat between the princess and the prince from the distance.

He knew that his friend would never catch the attention of someone as special as her, but he couldn’t help but get worried about it.

“Gabriel!”

He sighs as he turns to see Allura walking towards him.

“Good morning, Gabriel” she smiles “I’m glad I found you, the chefs baked some pastries and they are really good at it. Let’s go” she grabs his arm.

“With all due respect, Lady Allura” he takes his arm off her hold “I have to keep an eye on the prince”

She looks at the direction of the royalties and rolls her eyes.

“They’ll be fine, I’m sure that the prince can  handle the little brat himself” she looks at the princess “I hate her… She always thinks that she’s better than all of us”

Gabriel frowns. How dare she?

“I bet that if you meet her, you will hate her too” she snickers “I mean, look at her” she signals her “The prince is talking his heart out and she doesn’t even give him attention”

Allura looks at the knight and notices that he’s still looking at the royalties.

“You are a good friend if you worry for him this much” she smiles and kisses his cheek “I’ll bring you some pastries, wait here” she goes back to the castle.

Gabriel was furious, however, at least he got rid of her… for now. He decides to walk towards the garden and find another spot to keep an eye the princess without being bothered.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

“Princess (Y/n)” Nathanael stands up “Would you give me the pleasure of walking through the garden just the two of us?” he extends his hand towards her.

The princess smiles and nods “Okay” she takes his hand as the prince starts walking.

“So, princess. I talked a lot about me and I didn’t hear much about you” he smiles at her.

“There’re not many thing to say anyways” she says looking at the flowers.

Nathanael chuckles “Are you shy, princess? You seem quite different from last night”