Chapter 1

Roseanne is twelve going on thirteen when it first happens.

She's laying in bed, in that space between sleep and wakefulness when she becomes aware of it—she's... hard and her underwear is wet. Her stomach drops and she sits up, suddenly very much awake.

Shame and panic instantly bubble up inside her—her back nearly aching in recollection of what happened the last time she had an accident.

With shaky hands, she pulls off her blanket and looks down at her lap. It's with some relief that she realizes that her sheets are fine. But she still made a mess of her pajamas. She's not sure what's worse—that or the fact that her... thing... is hard and straining uncomfortably in the confines of her wet underwear.

She climbs out of bed and hastily makes her way to the bathroom at the end of the hall—making sure the coast is clear of her parents and thankful that Alice is already at school for her morning cheer practice.

Closing the door behind her, she pulls down her pajama bottoms and underwear. She stares in confusion at the sticky, white substance she sees there and frowns at her still hard penis, which is also covered in the said substance. Her body has been changing a lot lately—her breasts have developed enough where she needs a training bra, her hips are becoming more shapely, and her penis has grown in size. But it's never done this before, and she doesn't know what to do to make it go back to normal.

Biting her lower lip, she quickly cleans herself off with baby wipes she finds in the cabinet under the sink. She notices that she's more sensitive than ever to stimulation, but she's too nervous to enjoy it. She tosses the wipes in the garbage and stares down at herself. It's so much bigger than it usually is, and it's so hard it hurts a little. Please, please go back to normal, she pleads silently.

Roseanne lets out a frustrated sigh at her body's noncompliance and wraps a towel around her waist. More pressing than the situation between her legs is the current state of her clothes. She doesn't want to get in trouble for making a mess of them.

Her mother finds her furiously scrubbing her pajama bottoms in the bathroom sink—eyes bleary from too much drink the night before. "Did you have an accident?" she asks, her voice thick with sleep and confusion and a hint of worry.

Roseanne's cheeks flush as she shakes her head, silently cursing herself for forgetting to lock the door as she shuts off the faucet and turns to face her mother.

"Then what are you doing?" she asks.

"I..." Roseanne swallows. "My pants were wet when I woke up, but not from..." She falters, not knowing how to explain the sticky wetness she found.

A grimace passes over her mother's face, and Roseanne feels her shame grow as she averts her eyes—staring at the tile of the bathroom floor.

"I see," her mother finally says, her voice tight. "We'll have to make sure to mention this to Dr. Jalen during your next visit."

Roseanne shifts uncomfortably but doesn't say anything further. She has so many questions, but she's too afraid to utter a single one of them. The only thing she can hope is that her doctor will somehow shed light on this situation without her having to explain anything about what's happening below her waist.

.

Roseanne overhears her parents fighting in the living room that evening while she's preparing a snack in the kitchen.

"Mason, please, just talk to her about this," her mother pleads.

"How dare you ask me to do that," he growls, slamming down his now-empty glass of scotch on a side table—causing Roseanne to flinch and a feeling of dread to settle in her stomach. "She shouldn't even be going through this. She should have gotten the damn surgery when she was born!"